Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Some Research!

Ryan1985

Okay, after driving Jims Turbo at JAE and checking insurance prices, my next car will hopefully be a Mk2 MR2 Turbo.

So I've a few questions!

Which revision would you go for and why?

Can I de-cat any MR2 legally?

GT or GT-S?

Tintop or T-Bar?

Any help appreciated! :thumbsup:

rev3+ mainly just for the engine upgrade

upto 1995 yes

GT, got the half leather and most of the options

T-bar awesomely cool in the summer, i can live with the so called bodyflex for that pleasure :D

What revision do they go upto? Are there fresh imports coming into this country alot? :huh:

my gts has ubik all, no leather no folding mirrors etc., i guess toyota felt sorry so gave a "S" after gt to make up for it.,,

rev 3 if you can afford it, theres abit of a price gap between the 2.

REV 3 is meant to be the best. LSD as standard, optional in the 2, and not on the 1. The 2 is about 220bhp (3S-GTE Mk1 engine) and the 3 is close on 245bhp (3S-GTE Mk2 engine). There were some cosmetic changes to the 3 as well.

REV 5 I think.

upto rev5

all info is on pinned at top of the forum bud :rolleyes:

all info is on pinned at top of the forum bud :rolleyes:

Whoops sorry!

I'm just trying to get some personal opinions though! :thumbsup:

How much should I be looking to pay for a Rev3 Turbo T-bar with say 60k on the clock, completely standard and just imported?

Cheers for the link mate, made an interesting read.

Looks like I want a rev 3 turbo for sure. :thumbsup:

1 litre Yaris to rev 3 turbo MR2 - what am I thinking? Still gonna do it though! :D

So if anyone see's a COMPLETELY standard (unlikley?) black or steelmist rev 3 turbo for a decent price, let me know! :yes:

GT version sounds good aswell!

Cheers for the link mate, made an interesting read.

Looks like I want a rev 3 turbo for sure. :thumbsup:

1 litre Yaris to rev 3 turbo MR2 - what am I thinking, still gonna do it though! :D

So if anyone see's a COMPLETELY standard (unlikley?) black or steelmist rev 3 turbo for a decent price, let me know! :yes:

GT version sounds good aswell!

i went from a 1.4 clio rt to a rev2 tubby, took all of a week to get used to it, my passengers are gettting fed up of me asking does it feel like its running right.

any mr2 turbo of any age can be decatted legally as theres no uk equivelant! id go for a rev 3 if i had the money if only just for the cosmetic changes! gt is the higher spec so id go for that unless your gonna be doin some serious racing (weight saving) same goes for t bar or tin top, if your gonna be using it on the track seriously then get a tin top, otherwise t bar as your not gonna notice any difference in the chassis stability on the road, and if yoiu do then your licence wont last very long! t bars seem to demand more money as well.

The one you posted looks nice enough houston but I want a Turbo! :D

Think I'll go for the tintop aswell if they go cheaper, I'm not really fussed by having a T-bar and I can't be bothered curing the leaking issues! :thumbsup:

what are you going to use it for? for track, id get a 91-92 hardtop. on this side of the pond, it is more desirable because of its caster adjustment. for a daily cruiser that doesnt take much to drive, anything past that.

when i was looking i saw rev3s at 60k for about £5400 on average, some slightly mor doggy ones were a bit cheaper, but they are all screa,ing cam belt change! alot of folks sell at this age as they cant be bothered doing it as i found out <_<

so either make sure its done, or knock more cash off the asking price in respect for that!

mine rolled over 40k as i drove it home but i did pay over 6k for it and took me yonks to find but was EXAXCTLY what i was after

How much would you guys pay for a White (not my favourite colour) REV 3 with 54000 miles on it, but it needs a cambelt and clutch??

I'll be using it as my car and to commute to my part time job and occasionally going to university in! :)

Jaxx, typically, how much is a cambelt change? Also is anything else needed at set intervals? :thumbsup:

I'll be using it as my car and to commute to my part time job and occasionally going to university in! :)

Jaxx, typically, how much is a cambelt change? Also is anything else needed at set intervals? :thumbsup:

I can tell you it will need an oil change every 3000 miles max. I'd be inclined to do it at nearer 2500 to be on the safe side. That's why I'll use mine for social use, and keep my Pug TD for commuting (20ish miles each way).

I'd love to have 2 cars but just can't afford it, I may get insured on my dads Yaris though and use that sometimes! :D

honestly, u dont need to change your oil every 3000 miles despite what the manual says. that myth was smashed a long time ago. if you are using fully synthetic motor oil like some Mobil, you can go ahead and change it every 5000. anyways, rev3 onward makes a good commuters car. the revised suspension will make for a pleasing ride.

buy a tubby and a cheap mk1 to run about in!

Or a Rolla GTI. There's some going cheap on eBay, and like the Mk1 MR2 the 4A-GE engine is almost bullet proof, and revs like mad!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links