Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Sparkies And Leads

Jinxed

heya :) lookin to replace my sparkplugs and ht leads in the hope itll eliminate a bit of what seems like misfire. im cough prepared to spend about upto £100 total on leads and plugs as beyond that the bank will investigate me lol anybody got any recommendations as to what would be a good choice for both? and forgive me for asking but if tis possible to like put details that will make identifying the correct plugs and leads exactly that would be extremely appreciated as Halfords plug section was like wooooah there are so many :wacko: have previously opted for Bosch 4's on other cars which made nice diference but.... this cars special so im prepared to pay more for better :) cheers in advance and btw its an import if that makes a diference to which are suitable :thumbsup:

are you planning on upping the boost? anyways, that will help in determining what plugs u will need. as for the rest of the ignition components (wires, cap, rotor) oem is good. people are running like, 400 hp on oem wires.

I'd also change the dizzy cap and rotor arm, these are a common cause of poor running on tubbys.

I'd go for denso Iridium plugs and magnecor leads, both are available from FENSPORT :thumbsup:

wow u guys fast :) thanks for replies .... wasnt planning on upping the boost yet or anything too controversial for my insurance co yet. Main thing is just to achieve very smooth acceleration as i can see myself going for a gap and judder kicking in making things .....interesting :eek: is it possible to buy and fit standard uk mr2 rotor and cap in import? jus askin cos if its possible it could prevent lengthy wait if i just goto toyota tomoz and buy new.... reckon theyll be expensive? and how much u guys reckon? >< as for the plugs and leads .... reckon ill be able to call in a Halfords and get the denso Iridium plugs and magnecor leads? are these a good choice if im not planning on doing anything else for mom other than to get it running smoothly? cheers ppl :)

I'd also change the dizzy cap and rotor arm, these are a common cause of poor running on tubbys.

I'd go for denso iridium plugs and magnecor leads, both are available from FENSPORT :thumbsup:

Dizzy and rotor are well recomended, i have broken down before as my rotor arm was so knakered it was creating a lame spark ! :censor: - change both id say to avoid more of problems youve already had !! :D

I run these denso plugs, they are a cooler grade so are good for upratted boost aswell !

I have stock leads at present, but they recon the Magnecor ones are good ones !

As said, order parts from fensport, or gts chris or rogue.

If buying from Mr T or Halfords get bits like this for a celica gt4, same engine as the tubby's and i have seen threads that the parts are listed cheaper than for tubbys as the tubby is down as an import, and they try and rip you off :yes:

Do not waste your money on Magnecor leads!!! They are absolutley rubbish. I paid £88 for the 4 leads and king lead and the car suffered for it. It was miss fireing all the time and constantly blowing the leads off.

Std mr2 leads have a clip to hold them onto the dizzy the magnecors come with a rubber sock. They took 8 weeks to arrive and came with a note saying that "unfortunatley they dont make leads with clips but the engine lid will sit on top of the leads to stop them coming off"......WTF???? :eek:

The dizzy is nowhere near the engine lid :ffs:

I rang them 3 times explaining i wasnt happy and they were useless.

Am back to std leads now and car has never run better ;)

wow u guys fast :) thanks for replies .... wasnt planning on upping the boost yet or anything too controversial for my insurance co yet. Main thing is just to achieve very smooth acceleration as i can see myself going for a gap and judder kicking in making things .....interesting  :eek:  is it possible to buy and fit standard uk mr2 rotor and cap in import? jus askin cos if its possible it could prevent lengthy wait if i just goto toyota tomoz and buy new.... reckon theyll be expensive? and how much u guys reckon? >< as for the plugs and leads .... reckon ill be able to call in a halfords and get the denso iridium plugs and magnecor leads? are these a good choice if im not planning on doing anything else for mom other than to get it running smoothly? cheers ppl  :)

Toyota will charge you £55 for the cap and the rotor arm won't be cheap either.

I can get you the dizzy and rotor arm really cheap,

Pm me and i'll give you a price :thumbsup:

Thanks boundsw, minty and ricomr2 :) thanks for your input, that sounds really screwy minty with the magnecor response :huh: , and thanks ricomr2 for the offer :) not quite sure how things are panning out here ... discovered a leak on what appears to be the gearbox and I've no hope of sorting that so I think a benefactor of mine is looking to just pay some money and get Toyota to sort it out .... oh well guess theyll make it all run right but.... and heres a big BUT .... I got the tubby back from Toyota only a few days since having had the amp on my ignition replaced and ... lol .... my name lol ..... they didnt tighten the Battery back up ... which I discovered when i took the other half out for a run and BROKE DOWN LMFGAO. i was most definately :( till ....found it , fixed it, coulda been worse lol but im optimistic as the 2 days ive driven this lil beasty have been .... the most fun ive ever had in a car, and i mean like EVER lol. A day is coming when no more 'minor' (Toyotas word) problems need sorting for a good while. I didnt expect perfection from my tubby .... its 12 years old. I do love the lil thing tho... and i cant say any woman has ever reached the parts of my heart this car has in 2 weeks..... I personally wish, please grant it lord, that mr2's never become a piece of history in the sense theyre not in the present, espescially mine lol (cant see myself ever getting a lambo ><)

im going to sound like an idiot now but i brought some magnecor leads for my rev1 turbo and plug 4 keeps blowing off. its realy pi**ing me off now, should i get rid and get oe ones??

im going to sound like an idiot now but i brought some magnecor leads for my rev1 turbo and plug 4 keeps blowing off. its realy pi**ing me off now, should i get rid and get oe ones??

Sounds like the the pin hole in the Plug lead cap (the bit that fits over the plug) is blocked.

The reason this hole is there is when the engine is cool there is air in the cavity where the plug fits in and when the engine is gets hot the air expands and if the vent/ hole is blocked the plug lead will pop off, if you get a pin or a something similar and just clean the hole out i'll think it will be fine.

As for Magnecor leads i had a set on my fitted to my Tubby and never had a problem and ive used them on other cars and never had a problem.

Steve

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links