Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T-Sport - Yes!!!

sholao

I picked up my wife's TSport today, and was very impressed with it's performance.

It is an European import, so would like to compare notes with Owners of UK sourced Yaris Tsports.

I hope I get to drive it a bit more.

Great Choice of car mate!!!!

I've got a black one UK spec.

I was told Euro imports don't get front fogs or sunroof?

True?

Pass the congrats onto the wife from me.

Let me know the spec tho cos i too wud be interested.

Originally posted by Ak

I was told Euro imports don't get front fogs or sunroof?

False!

The only thing at the moment that I think is different from the UK spec car is the Alarm. I don't think mine has microwave detection. Also no Tsport Badge at the back, but red Toyota Badge on the left.

Can't wait till it gets run in!!

I won't be able to make it to the meetings cos i work weekends. Sorry

It wud have been nice to see few T-sports as well.

Oh well, hope u guys enjoy yourself.

Ak

PS- I've got red Toyota logos on the back of mine as well as a beautiful T-Sport Badge on the back.

• 2 weeks later...

What is it about Badges! Mines, and Import and saved me nearly £1500 compared to the UK model, and it had all the extras including the Aircon. I had to take it too the dealer for a 'ickle problem, and immediately they knew it was an import as the T-sport Badge was missing off the back...if it were me, I wish It had no badges at all. Now let me think....a Badge...or £1500 more...hmmmm not too difficult. It's got the sunroof too....which is really a bit redundant with aircon...and the sunroof is pretty naff anyway, with wind baffler is useless. Leccy mirrors/heated too... improting is the way to go.

Mark

I hear what you are saying about saving £1500 pounds I really do. But as an ex car salesman I bough my T-Sport from a main dealer and would not really consider buying an import. My reason is that if you don’t fancy going through the long wait again for you next import and take your car to your local dealer to p/x I promise you that your import with be worth £1500 pound less. Because you bought your import to save money and the next customer who buys that car is going to want to do the same. If there were two of the same cars both up for £20000 and one was an import and one was a uk car you would take the uk car every time unless you saved some money in buying the import. I have see it happen first hand, it is sad to say but the manufactures will make it as hard as they can to treat import customer the same as customers who buy from the uk dealers. This is a war that will probably never be one by the imports or the uk dealers but in the end all these car start life in the same factories it just does not make sense.

As for the badges would remove the Type-R badges from your Honda or the AMG Badge from you E55 need I say more.

:D

Personally I removed the front Tsport Badge from the yaris because I don't want to attract undue attention to the car (my wife insisted I put it back, which I did cause I bought it for her).

I am quite happy not having the Badge at the back, as you get loads of cars trying to race you.

The other day I pulled off from a 2 lane junction, and the road merged into a single lane ahead. I had chosen the right hand lane, there was a car on the left, I wasn't going to stop him from getting ahead of me and he did, I checked my mirrors as I was about to pull left to be in the middle of the lane, and saw this idiot in a golf zooming up to try and overtake on the left hand, so I increased speed, and he had to pull in behind me. :P

Alway good to see their face when the yaris outperforms them. :D

I would remove the AMG bagdes on a Merc (I'd never buy a merc though, everyone who thinks he has arrived buys one)!

These are my personal views anyway.

I dont think that is always the case, people do buy Mercedes coz they like them, My mums got a E320 CDI Estate and the old mans got an E55 AMG. I think there both really nice. I really like the diesel it so quick and returns about 40mpg unlike the 55 that returns about 17mpg but that just an animal. :P

Mercedes aren't what they used to be anymore, I had the new shape C30 and the quality was awful, when you buy a Merc you expect(ed) a good quality car, they now seem to be finishing them cheaper to supply a bigger market.

As for badges, as long as there's a decent security system on the car it's always nice to see something on the car seperating it from anything else on the road.....

Originally posted by Nick-Johnson

I glad someone agrees obout the badge thing.:D

So you are a Badge man then Nick?

Will you be modelling your badges at the Gaydon meet? Would be nice to meet up. :cool:

On this subject where can I get new Toyota Symbol badges for an MR2 mk2, mine were red but front has chipped, want to get new gold ones for front and rear.

On this subject where can I get new Toyota Symbol badges for an MR2 mk2, mine were red but front has chipped, want to get new gold ones for front and rear.

Haven't called Toyota yet but hoping I can find somewhere elsethats cheaper !

I would of thought the only thing you could do is buy the Badge from you local dealer and have it gold plated. Someone at our local Mb dealer had it done with his CL600 I saw it when I went down there the other day.

if I recall you should be able to by them from Toyota already in gold, same as Lexus badges can be bought in gold-plate.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links