Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibrations @ 4000 Rpm

maxgordon

Hi guys!

I'm a freshly registered member - who found this very interesting forum in search for two things.

I've had my Corolla T-Sport for almost a year now, having done almost 20000 KM in it. It's an awesome car in most respects!

But I've been almost constantly annoyed over a vibrating sound from the front of the dashboard, around the base of the windscreen, occuring at almost exactly 4000 RPM. It doesn't need to be a heavy load on the engine either.

Just vibrating madly sometimes. And sometimes the car surprises me by being just quiet. Drives me mad anyhow, just listening for it you know.

Since I live in the city I rarely go for very long runs. And during our long and cold autumn and winter in Sweden I heard it almost all the time. But now when the summers coming it's gotten better and better.

So could it be the sound occurs when the engine isn't quite up to temperature (though the needle says it is)? Or could it rather be affected by the temperature of the chassis/interior?

I've had the dealer mechanics trying to fix the noise on warranty two times. They said they fastened some cables behind the cd player. And I think they did the standard things as well, like putting some grease on the door hinges.

Well, the sound's still there. Though a bit better in the summer, then...

I did a search, and found this guys problem number 5 - though mine doesn't continue throughout the register.

So, the question is - what should I do?

Is this a normal sound? Should I press for the warranty a third time? Or has anyone else had this problem - and know how to fix it?

The other thing I was looking for? Well, the cool parts and upgrades I'm beginning to think I'll fit to my T-Sport. So I'll certainly listen in to you guys here after. Lowering the springs seems like the first thing to do.

Thanks for your help!

/Max

MAX!

I have got the same noise coming from the front of my dashboard, and also at the RPM. I have got free weekend so I am going to try my best to get in sorted.

Nick ;)

If you search there is a mention of this on here.I read that it is caused by one of the engine mounts which toyota will change but the poster said it didnt make much difference.Hope this helps

I had the same problem with my Corolla TSport which is now 1 year old. I had a accident about 6 months ago and they had to remove the engine in order to fix the damaged part. After I picked up the car (an excellent repair job) the noise was disappeared....

Since they didn't change any engine mounts I wonder if this is another assembly problem.

Hi all

the new engine mounts really fix the problem. The sound is now appearing @3900 instead of @4200. And you seldom drive at 3900!

It's full waranty.

Patrick (the mentioned poster)

Thanks a lot, all of you.

I'll check out the stuff with the mounts with the dealer asap.

/Max

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links