Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Attaching Harness

zebidi

hey guys, can call me an absolute dim wit, but is there a way to attach a harness for bucket seats without losing the back ones? i've seen pictures of harness attached near the rear seat footwells before. not sure how they did it though.

Also is there a way to incorporate it with the airbag? the air bag is set off to the tension in the original seat belt right?

the air bag is set off to the tension in the original seat belt right?

Nah mate, there is triggers under the bonnet for the airbags, nothing to do with the seatbelts! :thumbsup:

You could try attaching your harnesses to the original seatbelt mounting points aswell! :yes:

but if the side airbags are disabled because of the chair wouldnt it break the circuit? my friend took his steering wheel one off to fit another steering wheel and it deactivated all of them.

I'd like to keep the passenger airbag mostly, most important that one. driver airbag is important too but not as important as the passenger.

A direct replacement will be fine right? i dont know who to ask. I thought about mr T but they might gimme a load of bullcrap.

Is there anyone on the forum that has done this? has the airbags still fired?

airbag warnig light will come on, you need to buy a canceler. if it comes on you will need to go to the dealers to have it reset.

mount them through the seat at the back to the floor, then its the safest bet

plus youll need std seat belts come mot time and if youve got folk in the back just tuck them away and use the normal one

DO NOT use buckets, harnesses and airbags!!!!

When you are in a harness and you have a crash, your body stays still, only your head goes forwards, and down... the airbag then deploys on the top of your downward facing head and causes more damage then if there was no airbag in the first place!!!!

DO NOT use buckets, harnesses and airbags!!!!

When you are in a  harness and you have a crash, your body stays still, only your head goes forwards, and down... the airbag then deploys on the top of your downward facing head and causes more damage then if there was no airbag in the first place!!!!

would the normal belts not lock and the smae would happen anyway with normal belts?

and 70% of people who are 'saved' by airbags end up with cuts bruises and burns of varying degrees <_<

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links