Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help? Lightbulb Replacement Puzzle

ediles

Hey all, hope someone will be able to help me.

Having taken a trip to Halford's last weekend to buy a replacement headlight bulb for my girlfriend's Yaris, and the assistant's refusal to replace to the bulb, I decided to have a go at my first piece of automotive maintenance (I've never owned my own motor so have had no need before!).

I thought this would be an easy place to start and possibly even fun to attempt. However.........

The passenger side lightbulb is situated behind the fusebox and I've found it impossible to get my hand in far enough to do much beyond wiggle the light cable out from the rear of the light fitting. I've even taken the step of removing the bolts holding the fuse box in place and trying to move the box out of the way,however this doens't afford much more room than having it in place.

Now, its easy enough to take the car and bulb to a garage to be changed, but the :censor: thing has got me now and I want to conquer this stupid problem.

Anyone who can help will have my eternal gratitude.

Cheers, Ed

It is possible to get you hand down there......I took me a while but I managed without removing anything

It was a propper pain in the :censor: thought!

Get your missus to do it as I assume she has smaller hands :thumbsup: !

A tiny pair of pliers might come in handy?

I spose I have to thank my Dad's genes for clumsy shovel hands then huh?

Does seem a rather awkward place for a user replaceable item to be, but never mind, I'll have to use my awsome powers of persuauion to convince the beter half to get her hands dirty.

Cheers anyway :thumbsup:

I spose I have to thank my Dad's genes for clumsy shovel hands then huh?

Does seem a rather awkward place for a user replaceable item to be, but never mind, I'll have to use my awsome powers of persuauion to convince the beter half to get her hands dirty.

Cheers anyway  :thumbsup:

Yep it is in a really stupid place but the size of the car doesn't help!

(Of-course the light has to be there but they could have positioned other things around it better to offer easier access!)

Im sure your get it done :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links