Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smoke Types?

TOYMOTA

I've been told that 3 different colours of smoke can come out the back end of the Tubby. Black, white and blue. What does each colour mean is going wrong??

Blue smoke means the turbo is gone, black means its running rich and white is when...errrrrrrrrr...its cold! :P

Don't quote me on any of those though! :thumbsup:

That okay then. There is a bit of white smoke in the morning for a couple of mins.

Can blue also mean the piston rings have worn out??

Blue can mean its burning oil.. white is nothing to worry about, generally its just condensation. Black.. well mostly seen on diesels that need a good service.

Yep

Blue is defo oil (all the time with ya foot down...piston rings or turbo, and just a little puff when pulling off lights, valve stem seals.

White is normally condensation, even more with stainless exhaust.

and black (real black...is diesels) but black / grey can be over fueling, like unburnt fuel.

Yep

Blue is defo oil (all the time with ya foot down...piston rings or turbo, and just a little puff when pulling off lights, valve stem seals.

White is normally condensation, even more with stainless exhaust.

and black (real black...is diesels) but black / grey can be over fueling, like unburnt fuel.

mucho agreed with all that :yes:

with the blitz zorst on mine it looks like the back ends on fire when the condensation vapourises from the inside on a cold morning :lol:

Yep

Those sound almost terminal. How much would it cost to replace the rings, turbo and valve stem seals??

hhhuummmm...piston rings is like sump off, crank out, conrods, pistions the lot, then replace rings and re-build !

Valve stem seals is like head off, remove valves and valve springs (means new HG etc etc !!)

Turbo...Turbo technics charge about £500-600 i think for a CT26... Check fensport...but they aint cheap.

I would not like to say....alot !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links