Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can You Guess What It Is Yet?

Jinxed

Hiya all :)

had a cold at strength yesterday and today so i been too preocuppied to spell correctly, drive about or wash n polish car. got curious as to what exactly i got tho. I've determined it is a revision 3 as i believed at purchase which im happy about. however..... im trying to ascertain whether its a 3s gte mk2 engine. were all rev 3's 3s gte mk2's? iv'e got the round rear brake lights which i believe is a good sign for this engine but summat just not quite adding up in regards to a sticker i seen on the car...... might be me being a little paranoid, and i am happy with the car even if it isnt a mk2 but i just want to be sure of what iv'e got my lil mitts on :) are there any iirevocable identifying features which a numpty like me can find and use to ascertain this detail? thanks in advance and ....fingers crossed :rolleyes:

waht reg is it? chances are L onwards is a rev3 but i believe a few K plates were rev 3.

youv not given us much to go on tbh

Does it have 4 round circular tail lights?

Does it have a 1 pirce spoiler?

Do you have a pic to show us of the rear?

Jinxed - I believe you said that you know that the car is a an MR2 Mk2 Rev 3, but you're asking whether the engine is a '3s gte mk2 engine'.

As far as I was aware all Rev 3 tubbies would have had the same engine spec. Isn't that the case guys?

Jinxed - I believe you said that you know that the car is a an MR2 Mk2 Rev 3, but you're asking whether the engine is a '3s gte mk2 engine'.

As far as I was aware all Rev 3 tubbies would have had the same engine spec.  Isn't that the case guys?

Yup... Rev3> all have the same spec engine i believe.

look on the engine on the plenum, if theres a big plaque thing its a rev1-2 if its got a silver sticker its rev3+

hey again :)

thanks for bearing with me os far, this colds horrible >< gone from throat to chest to chest throat and head , deaf in one ear and i can hardly walk in a straight line lol isnt so bad if i get girlfriend to stand on side which im deaf.... cant hear her and if i fallover she can catch me :P sorry about the spubik ibnfo i gave .... it is L reg, it does have the 4 circular tail lights and 1 pirce spoiler and at present i havent got any pictures ..... but i was looking how to get pictures up and im going to give her a wash n polish, take some shots n get them up as soon as this damn cold wears off (wish ppl would stay home when ill and bosses would endorse not bringing colds to work). i miss washing and polishing her :crybaby: ah well few more days then ill hopefully be back on top of her..... literally :lol: ooo a silver sticker huh.... going looking right now..... ummm whats the plenum? im a numpty lol

sweet :thumbsup: thanks for all you guys help in clearing that up :) i know seeing a lovely lady in a lovely car is a special treat(thanks penelope 'eye candy' pitstop) well it is for me heh and seeing a bloke in a nice car just isnt the same, so when i post pics ill just post the car lol :D thanks again peeps i can be ill and at peace. ooo an afm... how will i find that ? what does it look like? where abouts? and why are you selling urs bibbs if it isnt a rude and impertinent question :) thanks for lending a hand in id my car mate

AFM = air flow meter, the thing that measures how much wind is coming in

look on passenger side of the car, if is a rev1/2 its a big silver box thing, rev3 plus you cant actually see it as they have a MAP or Mass Air Pressure sensor, which is an inch long plastic thing stuck in the airbox

passenger .. front, over the side intake ..

take a pic of the engine, we'll tell you ;)

heh thanks Bibbs n thanks Jaxx

no silver box ... when i take piccies ill take one of engine also after ive cleaned all the now dried coolant off which came out during my probs.... just glad all seems well with cooling now.... just gotta get lil misfire sorted and ...well thats another post :D thanks all u guys u ROCK :group-cuddles: :thumbsup:

lol jus when i thought it was safe to go back in the water :huh: ummm does that mean i got(/had lol) a 245bhp or a 225 bhp? gen3 3sgte or gen2 3sgte? or are both same = 245bhp ,,,ill get a picture up asap but its gonna be a few days now.... had a coolant prob last night >< cars at toyota again as cylinder head gasket at least might have gone (grumbles about police following me for 2 miles without pulling me and drawing my attention away from business of driving and watching temp guage-meanwhile car chooses that moment to overheat). shes not a dog, shes a !Removed! lol

Check the vin plate to be 100% sure:

MR2 Chassis Numbers

Revision 2 - December 1991 to November 1993

Chassis JT163SW2000059266 to JT163SW2000087385

Revision 3 - November 1993 to June 1996

Chassis JT163SW2000087386 to JT163SW2000106662

You could also check what turbo it has (check the writing on the airfilter side of the engine). CT26 is a REV 1 & 2. The CT20B is REV 3.

REV 1 & 2 were 225ish bhp REV 3 was 245ish bhp.

As mentioned by other members, the chances are it's a REV 3. :thumbsup:

Guest rev3turbo
AFM = air flow meter, the thing that measures how much wind is coming in

look on passenger side of the car, if is a rev1/2 its a big silver box thing, rev3 plus you cant actually see it as they have a MAP or Mass Air Pressure sensor, which is an inch long plastic thing stuck in the airbox

Not having a go rob m8 but..............

MAP Sensor is actually Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor, and i think is mounted on the bulk head between engine n boot, also has a vac pipe connecting it to inlet manifold, as name suggests to read pressure in the inlet manifold.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links