Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got Some New Rear Tyres

CraigT

My rears were not in a good way and I finally got round to putting some new tyres on the back.

I ended up getting Goodyear Eagle F1's but I havent driven the car enough yet to get a feel for them.

Does anyone know if these are supposed to be any good?

Sticking to the road on corners again would be a welcome novelty :thumbsup:

excellent tyres mate - no problems there ;)

Glad to hear they are decent. Supposed to be quite hard wearing too. :ph34r:

Msherry has them all round on his '2 and has had for a while.

He'll be able to give you a good idea of how they handle.

There the best tyre for the 2' in my opinion, I have the new version which is the GSD3, the GSD2's were the old type, they were also the best for the 2' and apparently better than the new ones, The other great ones to go for are the Toyo Proxes T1-s's about the same price though.

www.blackcirclesw.com are a great place to get tyres, so are www.mytyres.com or something like that.

Hope that helps mate,

Michael.

Thanks for the info msherry. Ive just had a quick look and I cant tell whether I have the old ones or the new type, does it say anywhere on the tyre?

I only had a quick glance but didnt notice it.

www.blackcirclesw.com are a great place to get tyres, so are www.mytyres.com or something like that.

the company gold is significantly cheaper than black circles.

245 / 40 / 18 Eagles F1 - GSD3 = £188 at black circles

£130 from the gold company ;)

:yes:

I have run both F1's and T1-S's all round on MKII's

Both are very good, but I'd say the F1's are just a tad better than the toyos.

I paid £110 each rear (including fitting) for the Goodyears and £70 each rear for the T1-S's (fitting not included).

To compare the pricing versus performance, I'll now always go for Toyo Proxi T1-S's (well as long as they are being made or until something better comes out).

Avoid the Toyo Proxi T1-R's - I am hearing some bad things about them...

Eagle F1's are spot on. I've ran GSD2's and GSD3's. Very good tyre. Pretty hard wearing too.

I'm now running Toyo Proxes T1-R... and would say they're equally as good in the dry, and even better in the wet. Not sure where you heard bad reports System~G... out of interest, were they on a MKII MR2???

I've got them all round on my 2 and no problems at all. Very good grip, especially in the wet. Only had one 'moment' when pushing it hard on a greasy road.

Joe

p.s. Nice sig Kev :P Who's is that rather nice 2 peeking in from the side? ;)

p.s. Nice sig Kev  :P  Who's is that rather nice 2 peeking in from the side?  ;)

:P

Looks good eh... almost looks like I've done something clever with my car from front and side!!! You've given the game away Joe! ;)

Avoid the Toyo Proxi T1-R's - I am hearing some bad things about them...

What have you heard mate? :wacko: I was going to get some to replace my fronts soon! :thumbsup:

I have had absolutely no bad reports on the T1-r's.. we have sold lots of themn over the last few months.. mostly on 195/50x15's.

I would be interested to know what problems you have heard about them.

Davy.

Eagle F1's are spot on. I've ran GSD2's and GSD3's. Very good tyre. Pretty hard wearing too.

I'm now running Toyo Proxes T1-R... and would say they're equally as good in the dry, and even better in the wet. Not sure where you heard bad reports System~G... out of interest, were they on a MKII MR2???

Both MKII's and MKI's and a Scooby ... apparently take quite a while to rub in and until then they don't offer as much grip in either dry or wet conditions as the 1-S's. Also once they are scrubbed in they don't last as long either.

Haven't tried them myself but based on 5 mates who have tried them - all with similar "reviews", I won't bother. T1-S's or F1's for me I'm afraid :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links