Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rev3 Ecu, In Rev2? And ? About Fuel Cut

aa120n

i was speaking to a another tubby owner the other day and i know that the rev3 standard is 240 bhp, and rev2 200-220 bhp. he said that if i got a rev3 ecu and swapped it, and disconnected the airflow meter, it'll change instantly to 240bhp. is this right?? :blink:

when your tubby hits fuel cut, does this trigger the engine managment light??

eh??.... just get a boost controller and exhaust. Crank the boost up and you should hit that easily.

Why bother getting a rev3 ECU ? Would there not be issues seeing as it's not a rev3 engine etc?

i was speaking to a another tubby owner the other day and i know that the rev3 standard is 240 bhp, and rev2 200-220 bhp. he said that if i got a rev3 ecu and swapped it, and disconnected the airflow meter, it'll change instantly to 240bhp. is this right?? :blink:

when your tubby hits fuel cut, does this trigger the engine managment light??

I would have thought the pin out's etc are different between the revisions!!?? Besides the Type III ecu is basing it's fueling on the Type III injectors.....540cc vs 440cc, that fact alone would make me think twice, not to mention all the other differences. You would need to replace the afm with the map setup from a Type III, all that fluffing around and you could have probably got a unichip in a sorted!!??

The check engine light should flash on when you hit fuel cut (along with the car feeling it it shut off for a sec), you could run diagnostics to see if it brings up the fuel cut error code.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

thats great fella's thanks for the help.

i thought there would be more to it then just swapping the ecu's, but he was convinced he was right.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links