Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel Bearings

corbyben

Hi just wondering if anyone can help,ive heard a noise dum dum dum in wheel think wheel bearing or bearings have gone,but dont know which wheel it is,is there anyway of finding out? and how much does it cost to have done,has anyone payed for it recently?

cheers ben

Hi just wondering if anyone can help,ive heard a noise dum dum dum in wheel think wheel bearing or bearings have gone,but dont know which wheel it is,is there anyway of finding out? and how much does it cost to have done,has anyone payed for it recently?

cheers ben

Hi:

Could be ARB bushes, ARB links, top mounts, that kind of thing.

Hi,

If you drive very slowly with the windows open, can you not hear which wheel it's coming from? Then jack up that corner of the car and check for free play in the bearing, bushes etc. If there's no free play remove the wheel and check to see if a stone has got trapped in the disk guard, that can make a hell of a noise.

Most dealers will tell you the bearings never go, but a few people here have had to have a bearing or two replaced.

For more info on bearings do a search in the MR2 section. I see a couple of threads there. I see Jappybeast had one replaced and cost was £45 + labour - but he had other things done at the same time, so labour content for the bearing itself isn't clear.

Tony

I had a bearing and hub replaced just recently :crybaby:

the crudest way to check which bearing is naffed is just to grab the top of the suspected wheel and pull on it, if it moves backwards and forwards say an inch or more then you know that wheel is about to fall off :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links