Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T Sport Exhaust

mark vodden

Hi Guys,

Got my T Sport a HKS Hiper exhaust:D. Took three months to get here, and a good few quid! But it should be worth it!

It pairs up with my HKS Induction kit nicely. Induction has a cold air pipe (which needs to be done with this induction). The pair make a lovely sound and def add some power (been told its now about 120bhp). Although it's not as loud as it looks, it still has (apparently) 500 miles of wearing in to do, when it should get a bit louder!:D

That exhaust looks nice!

How about a pic of the whole car, and a look at the engine bay with the HKS induction kit.

Did the rear skirt have to be modified to fit in the exhuast and where did you get it done?

:DThanks!

Rear skirt did not need changing! It fits just nice. Believe it or not, Kwik Fit!:o The guy only charged me £15, and did a decent job, so thats just fine.

Here's a pic of the engine bay with induction and piping. Not terribly neat, but it does the job just fine!

Very nice job my friend!!!

I've got a Black T-sport and luv it how it is but cud do with a bit more power.

I'm only a student and waiting anxiously for my loan cheque to come through. Before i go spend it on silly stuff, let me know how much all your kit cost and I may also think about it.

Thanks.

The cost?!!........

Are you sitting down AK? Both parts from www.tdi-plc.com:

Induction kit and piping (from Halfords:o): £210 fitted by me,

HKS Hiper Muffler: £352 plus fitting:o

I personally think thats a bit more than I was willing to spend, but hey, it had to be ordered from Japan. (Incidentally, did you know the TS is built in Japan? I didn't realise!). To be honest if I were you and on a bit of a budget I'd go cheaper on the exhaust. There is another back box for the T Sport which I had been recommended, but I will need to dig the details out. It was about £150, but doesn't have the "it" factor of the HKS, which is the dogs.

:D

While i was down at TTE erlier in the year they had several yaris's in the workshop with development stuff on

turbo

supercharger

bodykits

exhaust's

all will be available soon if there not already,and they looked good

Thanks for the info Mark, I am not thinking of Moding the Yaris yet, but at least I have an idea of how much to budget.

I hope you enjoy it. Are you planning to attend any of the club meets this month?

20th and 27th of Oct.

Shola

so by fitting the filter and the exhaust does that make the warranty void? cos if so i am really reluctant to do anything to my T sport:o

The official line is that if it is proved that the fitted component caused the failure, then the warranty is voided.

Eg if the Cat converter failed, and it can be proved that the new exhaust caused the failure then you would have to pay for the repairs.

As regarding the warranty. I have spoken to Toyota regarding the Induction kit and asked them to find out for me. The MAF (Mass Air Flow sensor) and the Injection system has been voided from warranty. If anything goes wrong and it is attributable to the induction then you pay. So , I have decided if anything does go wrong, I take the kit off to take it back!!!!! Also, I asked the guy who I spoke to if (in a personal capacity) he feels I will get any problems from it. He said no, don't worry about it, he hasn't heard of ANY problems with the Yaris, it's so well made:D!

Still whatever you do, it ain't a Saxo, so it shouldn't fall apart!!!!;)

• 2 months later...

You have done what i did, the HKS Hiper exhaust and Induc kit. My BHP is now around the 120 mark and my 0-60 around the 7.5 mark. I find now that i get a lot of cabin noise - is this the same for you?

I paid around 600 for the both and got my dealer to fit before i collected.

Anyway - looks gorgeous. Do you plan on having any other mods added.

My next splurge is window tints - looks lovely on a black motor

Miss T Sport are you sure that your 0-60 figure is now 7.5?? That's the figure for the TST! Just fitting an induction kit and a back box can't make THAT much of a difference..

I'm thinking of doing the same mods to my TS but I am afraid that the noise will be too much for a city car. Is there any chance that you could perform a little recording for all of us? I am pretty sure that many of us would like to have such an experience..

:D

Alex

hellooo Miss Tsport,

Again I'm not sure about the 60 time of the car, but i know it'll keep up with the VTS (take a look at my rant and rave on the other post!). I have also been told 120bhp, so it can't be far off that figure.

Yes, I have a fair amount of cabin noise, however, wind those windows down and listen...... it's FANTASTIC!!!! The thing is about the HKS kit, it's not something thats come from Halfords, its really good stuff. Which is why it sound so fab.

Went to see TG being filmed a few weeks ago, all the scoobynet boys were there, but the sound of a wee Yaris wasn't shown up completely!

Gonna get some 16inch OZ superlegs in anthracite in the new year, thats the next mod.

Oh and toyota are bringing a turbo upgrade out for it in Feb....... ;) thats gonna be next after the wheels......

Wot dealer fitted your HKS stuff? Mine don't really want anything to do with it......

the turbo upgrade is produced by TTE,there is also a supercharger available in the new year.

Mongoose are also about to release a full stainless sytem for the yaris,corolla and is200...

Schgdis200,

Any contacts/website for TTE? Also toyota will give a full warranty on the work, what will TTE give on the turbo?

Thanks a lot.

Mark.

the turbo's are supplied to Toyota GB by TTE....the warrenty would come from Toyota GB

as will be the case when the s/c is released

for TTE go look here

http://www.tte.de

i will be back at TTE in the new year,so i will be able to ge a release date for the s/c

I also am intrested in getting a new exhaust system for the T sport.

I have found a company called powerflow. They are ment to be good. They priced me up for a oval exhaust box for £160 pounds. Also a twin oval exhaust was for £180 pounds. And for a twin exit exhaust was for £300 pounds. These exhausts are fully stainless steel systems and come with a lifetime guaranteed

You can even choose what shape you would like your tail pipe as well. And you can choose what sound you would like the exhaust to sound like. :D

I think that i will be checking them out!

what do you guy's think about powerflow exhausts?

Check them out for yourself

www.powerflow.uk.com

• 2 months later...

hello m8 on the issue of the power flow dont get pay the extra and get the hks stuff its well worth it i had a powerfllow system on my old yaris manafold back it was great but on the tsport pay the little extra

I'm thinking of the HKS system, so far i've added a Blitz induction kit and it sounds loads better.

Anyone know if the Blitz system is similar to the HKS? Whcih should i got for?

Yeah i totally agree. The HKS induction with the HKS exhaust works amazingly well. The fit is very good, the exhaust tip doesn't stick out as with some exhausts and the rear bumper does't have to be modded.

Iy sounds great and is not intrusive in the car, no booming sound. You do get a nice burble when you get over 4000rpm but otherwise you dont notice it that much.

It worth holding out and spending a little more cos i think you do pay for quality. :P

Check out my pic. :lol:

http://toyotaownersclub.com/html/modules/g...album02/Y_zorst

Hey thats a nice box. Its a shame that the end doesn't come out a bit longer. So how much does that exhaust box set you back mate? I like the stickers to the rear of the car. Did they come with the exhaust or did you order them?

Also welcome to the club dkmliu :D

jerry!!

dkmliu thanks for all that info.

Sounds like the HKS system is well worth getting?

Is it just the backbox or a system?

Anyone know about chipping the yaris?

Oli,

Mate, the HKS stuff is what puts the massive :D smile on my face everytime I drive. Believe me, wait five miles or so for it to warm up (after the exhaust has spent 1000 miles or so wearing in). Stop, open your door and lean out. Blip the throttle. MMMmmmmmmm nice! I drive around with my Windows open (record is in 3 degrees C! :lol: ) to hear it. Don't use the stereo no more!

This is no cheap toy, and I had to wait over 3 months to get mine. Boy was it worth the wait. Let my Dad take it for a spin and he drives slow. Heard it drive off down the road- watch out you Evo drivers out there! Make sure you team it up with an induction kit and cold air pipe and you should get over 120bhp out of the t Sport.

And Jerry, the stickers do come with the Zorst B)

If you fancy taking my kit off me in Sept/Oct (if you can wait that long) then that'd be gr8, as I've just put in my order for my next car!!!

As for chipping, you can get a re-map that'll give you a couple of extra horses and take into account for the induction and exhaust, but I don't think its worth it IMHO.

Cheers,

Mark.

I know its a silly question Mark, but do you really notice the increase in power? I would like to have my T-Sport kicking out 120bhp, but I don't want to pay 500 notes for it if I'm not going to notice it. I know that in theory you should notice and extra 15bhp, but I've been in somecars that people have spent a grand on tuning the engine and I don't notice the difference from a stock model, even though they claim its got and extra 30bhp or whatever.

When you say you had to wait three months, does that mean it takes about three months from the time of ordering? If this is the case can you supply the exact ordering details and the supplier please for the exhaust system, induction kit and cold air pipe that will take yaris TS to 120bhp?

Thanks

Steve.

Hi Steve,

Yes, there is a definite edge/punch to the performance. The car pulls harder in the mid-high range, and revs so much more cleanly. The engine no longer feels tight and short of breath. Theres no way id go back to wot it was before.

Here's the deal with upping power by 15bhp (and I daresay torque is probably up almost that too, although no figures to prove it).

Yaris weight (approx): 950kg

Original power: 105bhp

Power to weight ratio: 110.5bhp/per ton

New power:120bhp

NewPower to weight ratio: 126.3bhp/per ton

This is very different to most other cars, as the Yaris is light you should feel a power increase a lot more than if you do the same thing to a heavier car. If you look at pwr to weights of things like BMW's you have proly changed from the equiv of a 318i to a 323i! And pwr to weight is what counts (hence why a motorbike is so f'ing quick), not bad for 600 notes. The torque is also excellent for a small car and it pulls much harder in gear at medium revs than a saxo could ever dream to! ;)

But, it's not just about power, it's the sound!

Go to www.tdi-plc.com to look at the stuff. Mark Cathchpole is the guy who I have dealt with and he's a top man!

Cheers,

Mark.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links