Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris T Sport Exhaust

mark vodden

Hi mark. Thanks for all the write up on your exhaust. So you are going to get rid of the car in september. Why? And what car are you getting in it's place.

Isn't there a quicker why of getting the hks exhaust. Why does it take so long. Can i order it from a Japanese car tuning place. And how much does it cost on its own with out the induction kit?

jerry!!

thanks for all the info.

Talking to mark at the moment about ordering one.

One last question if i remove the CAT will i fail the MOT?

Just spoken to Mark, did realise for £400 you only got the backbox! How can that you get extra power from just a back box & induction kit?

I like the kit and I am willing to pay the money but i'm thinking maybe a custom system would be better, power wise eg. From the Manfold to the back with a CAT replacement box in the middle?

I must admit that I thought the HKS Exhaust that went with the HKS Induction was a Cat-Back system also - not just a back box.

Steve.

Yeah and me. Well it is but Mark from TDI said the CAT is the centre box!

I really want one! But £400! for a backbox! What do you think about the custom system?

Guys,

The Exhaust is cat-back, which in our case is the back box, but the back box is slightly longer than most, as the cat is in the middle of the car (as opposed to the front like some). I'll post a pic of the exhaust here for you (when I can see how!!!)

As regarding whether you'll get more power for a straight through system, I would think you wouldn't get much more if at all. As the HKS system will give more power than any other cat back you can fit. You are paying for the shipping costs as well as perhaps the best quality jap exhaust you can buy! It's gonna be expensive. If you wanna wait less than 3 months, you'll have to hope that TDI have one in stock. Otherwise, I don't know. Don't know a lot about a custom system, or how it could end up sounding <_<

Up to you..... although I know what id go for....... :D

Why would I get rid of my Yaris Jerry....

Well I love my Yaris to bits, it's different, it's gr8 fun to drive, the sound is ace, I can surprise people :o , there's loads of room, it's reliable, cheap to run...... I can't think of a bad thing about it actually!!!!!!

But I get bored and I'm a car nut!!!!!!! I wouldn't change it for something normal which isn't that much better. So I've gone the WHOLE hog and ordered a Nissan 350z....................... :D :o B)

Cheers,

Mark.

Hi mark. You are going to get a nissan 350z. Dam you are one lucky person. That is going to set you back some big bucks. When will you be getting it.

Now oli I have found a good custom exhaust fitter in Sheffield. They come high recommend. They are called Ascar. Here is there web site. These guys have being building exhausts for 25 years and they really know what they are doing. A good friend of mine has had his alfa 156 fitted with a custom made exhaust. Done by them.

He say's that they are really good as they will set up the rearbox to sound the way you want it to sound. My friend drove 2 and a half hours just to get this done. The box was fitted in stainless steel and came with a 30 year warranty. No how can you argue with that!!!! Check them out they are good!!

http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/

jerry!!

Hi all,

I must admit i've slightly over exagerated my 0-60, i blame my other half. Its actually about 8 secs, and thats not exagerating, so about 1 sec of the standard, which I don't think is bad for a 1.5. Okay, so you can mod a VTS to beat it, but who wants a vts:wacko: when you can have a yaris!

The HKS exhaust is cat back and removes the centre silencer which is not the CAT.

Underneath on the standard, you have the CAT, then a big huge Silencer, nice bendy pipes and then the backbox. Well, the HKS (although Toyota chopped the pipes of mine and i ended up having two silencers) is the backbox and larger pipe to the cat. The HKS backbox has a little silencer on the top of it, making it look rather like one of those big water guns. I've had this silencer removed and the hole welded, so apart from the Cat, nothing else is restricting it whatsoever. I had my BHP tests (119) when I was running with both silencers, and have yet to have it done again, but i'm hoping for a little gain, even if only a couple of BHP, it all adds up. I also want to get the ECU remapped at some stage, but need to get the back arches rolled, as the new wheels with 215x40x16 tyres are rubbing the tyres slightly if I have more than two people in the car, which is annoying. Its only because its been lowered and extra the width of the tyres. Also my Front Upper Alloy Strut has made it from japan and will be delivered to my BF's house tomorrow (Monday). B)

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links