Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Shopping

zebidi

hey guys, know all the revision stuff and 3 onwards is the best with injectors, manifold, turbo and LSD.

I been looking at all types and seem to be only attracted to the GTS. can anyone tell me what the difference is between the GTS and the GT turbo? is it the same apart from leather trim?

Thanks guys!!!

Tut Tut.......should be using the SEARCH function ;)

Although I must mention the fact you can't search for words under 4 letters SUX!!

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...topic=30706&hl=

In short the GT-S is supposed to be the light weight version and the GT the "luxury" version.....HOWEVER everything that a GT has is an OPTION in the GT-S so most of the time it's a mixed bag with the GT-S :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Stop me if i'm wrong:

GTS has normal run of the mill sports seats, the GT has half leather sports seats seats.

My GT has a standard turbo timer too.

Stop me if i'm wrong:

GTS has normal run of the mill sports seats, the GT has half leather sports seats seats.

My GT has a standard turbo timer too.

GT-S CAN have the run of the mill sports seats, OR the half leather, OR the factory Recaro's......as everything in the GT is an OPTION for the GT-S. Will all come down to what was ordered on the GT-S when it was ordered from the factory.

Standard turbo timer??...........I have NEVER heard of such a thing, it must have been installed and hidden somewhere.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

So does this mean that the GT turbo is still 245 bhp? and all the revision updates from revision 3 is on the GT turbo too?

Weather it's a GT or GT-S if it's after 10/03 it will be a Type III with 245hp, however the fully loaded GT would be heavier than the lowest optioned GT-S so there would be a weight saving making the GT-S a tad faster in theory :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

If your in the oxford area steer clear of oxford county cars (aka the engine room) in bicester :D

its just the GT is cheaper to insure and is cheaper. If the power is the same then I might just get a GT turbo.

weight reduction will be easy anyway. The gts has aircon too. was thinking about taking that off.

"Wether it's a GT or GT-S if it's after 10/03"m 10/03? 93?

thanks everyone you've been great!

October 1993 the Type III was born :) GT or GT-S after that date has a Type III motor (Gen III 3sgte)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links