Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hmmm Speedo Confusion

Jinxed

ok my 2's a 93 jap import mk2 rev3 turbo.... speedo goes upto 180mph. is this jus some mod the guy who had it made? does it do delimited up to 180? im not asking cos i want to go that fast i like my licence but is there anyway of knowing if its a correct dial for the car? i was just looking at speedhut at dials see and well there isnt a jap import 180 mph there but there are uk 180mph.... maybe im just confused ...dunno lol :unsure: thanks for thinking about this and replying if u guys can help clarify the matter somewhat :) cheers

Japanese MR2's go up to 180 KPH, has he just changed the KPH logo to MPH??

You guys can get your one's converted properly though. I ordered some Speedhut one's (as you can see from my post) and the 1st lot they sent were 180 kph CONVERTED to MPH (so like 260 kph odd) and obiously that wouldn't work so they had to re-send the 180 MPH one's JUST with the LOGO changed to KPH.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

hmm ....well its definately in mph and 30 does seem like 30.... if it isnt part of the conversion process (convertintg the car to mph) maybe the guy just had it done... ? i hope im not in for any more shocks with this car :( ive had a producer already and the police have possibly ran my car on their database after me finding out that 95 seems like 95 lol so .... i guess it at least isnt stolen ...hopefully lol

thanks kiwi for the info :)

hmm ....well its definately in mph and 30 does seem like 30.... if it isnt part of the conversion process (convertintg the car to mph) maybe the guy just had it done... ? i hope im not in for any more shocks with this car  :(  ive had a producer already and the police have possibly ran my car on their database after me finding out that 95 seems like 95 lol so .... i guess it at least isnt stolen ...hopefully lol

thanks kiwi for the info :)

Simple solution.. get a mate with a car.. get on the mways and follow him.. tell him to constantly do 70mph when you give him a flash as a signal.

Jobs a good un :thumbsup:

good suggestion and ill do it when i get her back cos im gonna be having to drive at 30 for about 3000 miles i reckon(new engine). hope the lil swine who didnt take care of this car didnt just take a uk car and replace bits on it tho so it look like a jap import... would feel a bit gutted ... tho im not sure why... think its just summat about it being a genuine jap car.... i like japanese :) esp the ladies :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links