Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Advice On Kitt

Calisto

Okies KITT is off the road for the Winter and snug as a bug.... wrapped up and then some.

How do I look after her??? engine wise I mean, I dont want her seizing up on me. <_<

What should I do and how often?

TIA

Ash.

Ummmmmm I'd start it up once every 2 days and then possibly take it a run once a week (on a nice day to keep it clean) to keep the Battery charged up and it should be fine come spring! :D

Ummmmmm I'd start it up once every 2 days and then possibly take it a run once a week (on a nice day to keep it clean) to keep the battery charged up and it should be fine come spring! :D

It? Her

You're in trouble now Ryan. :D

Yeah Ryannnnnn heap big trouble :lol: :group-cuddles:

KITT as most peeps know is a her/female/lady with attitude. :thumbsup:

*I'll get my coat. :shutit:

Tis it not a bit early for being put off the road for the winter? I would have thought a start every week on a good motor will be sufficient engine wise.

At her age are you sure the old girl's little brakies wont get stiff joints with arthritus over the winter, ie lack of use?

The thing is I have declared her of the road :crybaby: due to things beyond my control happening eg Money and lack off it :rolleyes: .

If I could have two cars on the road then I would have no problems but I cant for the moment. :unsure:

But next year KITT will be out and about but hopefully sooner.

tuen the engine over for 20mins a week, leave the handbrake off and steady the car with chocs or something, or theyll seize, at least try and move backwards and forwards on your drive

If you run it up each week in the cold weather and It's out doors I would give the interior a polish round each time, condensation is not friendly to interiors when not in use. :thumbsup:

Look after the tyres by pumping them up say 10psi more than normal. Roll the car 12in every day to prevent the tyres deforming over time.

Also consider draining all fluids if it's off road for months.

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links