Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So Who's 40th Anniversary Is It Then?

Uncle Bob

Well i'll tell you....... :) , Toyota GB in the UK :eek: , yes its been 40 years since Toyota as a motor manufacturer, launch the Toyota Corona de luxe at the Earls Court motor show in October 1965.

Little attention was give to the unheard of toyota manufacturer ,from the other side of the globe, in 1965 90% of all uk cars sold were british, names like Austin, Wolseley, and Morris....how times have changed, 40 years later the BMC (later called MG/ROVER ), have gone down the pan, and Toyota ( i believe )is the 3rd largest producers of cars in the world :) .

So what's Toyota GB doing about it...i would think nothing, they always seem to miss the boat, on promoting some of their past land marks, 30 years of Celica and Corolla production seem to pass unnoticed...anyway may i be the first to congratulate Toyota GB on 40 years of car sale in the UK, keep up the good work :thumbsup: .

1965 Toyota 1500 Corona.

toyota_corona_.jpg

I didnt know that, thanks for pointing it out

Shame their quality in last couple of years is starting to drop  :(

As much as I hate to admit it I agree, in the sports car department anyway, seems to me that it's not top of the priorities list for some reason. Come on Mr T, prove me wrong.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links