Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kiwi Fruit

PaulT

I've got a cold so I thought I would go for some natural vitamin C and eat a few kiwi fruit.

But really they don't make them easy to get into, and when you open one up it is full of black bits. :wacko:

My best guess is to peel the puppy (tricky) and then remove the very innermost core thing and then just neck the rest. It takes ages, is there a better way without resorting to a juicer?

Yours in desperation

Paul.

You eat the black bits!

Cut the top off so you end up with it like a hard boiled egg, then use a teaspoon to scoop the middle out

You eat the black bits!

Cut the top off so you end up with it like a hard boiled egg, then use a teaspoon to scoop the middle out

Yep thats how I do it too! Kiwi fruit is yummy! :thumbsup:

Cut it in half and eat the 2 insides with a teaspoon... I used to eat the skin aswell :S

Yup thats the way i do it, but i dont eat the skin! :wacko:

Ok, top tips, thanks. I didn't know whether you were supposed to eat the very middle core but I guess I will next time :thumbsup:

Paul.

Whats wrong with oranges???? easier to get into and last that bit longer and nooooo black bits. :P

I very rarely eat fruit or veg for that matter ........I munch on vitamin pill ;) s

Whats wrong with oranges????

nothing but a good kiwi is very yummy

funnily enough I am still not tempted to go out and buy one. :P

Whats wrong with oranges????

nothing but a good kiwi is very yummy

funnily enough I am still not tempted to go out and buy one. :P

I have been eating oranges, but clementines and satsumas have gone out of season at Waitrose down the road.

Apparently, I heard that somehow the vitamin C in kiwi fruit is somehow more concentrated or otherwise better for you than the vitamin C in oranges. Don't know why.

Going for another kiwi now, will try a spoon this time :D

Paul.

They tingle sometimes but I wouldn't say burn!

They really put you off them when they taste horid though (normally when they're a bit soft)

Well I'd say it was a success :D

Sliced the kiwi in half and then scooped out either half with a spoon as recommended above.

Can already feel those vitamin C stormtroopers clubbing the hapless baby cold germs into oblivion :thumbsup:

Still can't shake the feeling that you're eating a green te****le, though :eek:

Paul.

I thought a Kiwi was from New Zealand, not Australia?  :thumbsup:

So they are, Em, but we hopped from Oranges to Kiwis To Aussies :blink:

Am I the only person who eats the skin? Its luverly!! I remember when I was a young kiddie my mum use to cut hers in half and pick all the black bits out with a pin. :eek: Used to take her forever! Eat the skin mate so much more quicker!! Hairy but yummy!! :lol:

Am I the only person who eats the skin? Its luverly!! I remember when I was a young kiddie my mum use to cut hers in half and pick all the black bits out with a pin.  :eek: Used to take her forever! Eat the skin mate so much more quicker!! Hairy but yummy!! :lol:

Er, Umm, Quite! :lol:

omg lmao :lol::help:

Im still with the vit pills though, its safer .... no hairy bits, no skin to remove and no black bits. :thumbsup:

I take a very sharp knife and slice the skin off, and then slice whats left and eat the slices.

I love the black bits! Crunchy! I haven't had a kiwi in a while :( I need to go visit the local Mexican supermarket. They have good prices on fruits and veggies year round.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links