Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Member In Need Of Help

toystar

:crybaby: Help me please just bought a mk1 mr2 .....Its started to go wrong only had it a couple of weeks plus i cant find any breakers in our area that have any parts for them im a mechanic and i still have no idea i work on kit cars and rally cars not cars with a bonnet for a boot and a boot for a bonnet ???????????? Help me please

Where do i start ok 1. need new light switch some one broke it it now seems ta have a knob off a 1940s cooker but it does work 2.n/s/f wing if i touch it or even walk near it i think it may just fall off the car 3. t-bar leaks i stay dryer if i take them off and wear a rain mac (very sexy) 4. most important the starter keeps jamming in i striped it down last night and it still ant right 4. o/s/r mud flap missing i know its only a small thing but it looks odd

if any body can help thankyou

k ... one thing i can say is that leaky t bars is commonplace acc what i seen on the forums. a lot of ppl have sought to get info so there should be a post on here that gives a good workover as to how to stop it... think some ppl have used silicone sealer but dont quote me on that heh :rolleyes: as for rest .... gl getting it sorted ... spares from a breaker cheapest but if u get desperate ... a toyota dealers could source you the parts most likely ...just need the specific part numbers i think and ud be fine... not cheap option tho gl man :)

New seals is always an option if the t-bar is really bad - will cost you a pretty penny though from the dealers - i havent found anybody else that does them as of yet - ive used black silicone to plug the leaks temporarily on mine

T x

Cool il get the mastic out just seal it up for now was thinking of getting some gold fish to put in it :lol: . So T you got a mk1 festa i had a track prepared xr poo mk1 last year with a 1760 crossflow mad cam and twin 45s all stripped out very quick car byt my x made me sell it silly sl*g :angry:.... I love festas

Yeah im putting the x-flow in now - running 40's on her though - i like my bank balance! Would run me dry of petrol money with 45's on!

T x

let me know if you need any bits i got shed loads plus my lil bro runs a mk2 track festa so we always got bits :)

Ah cool thanks - ive just managed to source some of the bits that i needed from mates etc- but if there is anything i think of ill give ya a shout

Hope ya get the mr2 fixed up nicely - is it your daily drive?

T x

ah ya daily drive sort of when it starts and the starter doesnt jam or if its full of water but ya it gets a good ragging nearly every day . Have you got a fuel pump and regulater i might even have a nice new kent fast road cam with twin duplex chains and pullys and a high pressure oil pump if ya really wanna make her fly :P . So what do you use the mr or xr the most

yeah bought a brand new fuel pump for her - i wanted everything shiny :P

Id love to take the cam off your hands (is it 244 cam?) but ive just got to get the basics paid for then i can build her up from there

At the moment the mr2 is my daily drive as the fez is off the road - but not for long - getting the fiesta back on the road for winter - so i can tuck the mr2 away safely lol :P

Il have a look for the cam later for you and let you know you gotta have the mr out in the winter all that slippy slidey white stuff. Life dont get any better then rear wheel drive cars in the snow :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links