Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Mr2 Production Stopped?

jay dh

sorry if this has been asked but the search was being annoying

has the mr2 production now stopped? when was it stopped or when will it be stopped?

i was under the impression it was but a mates dad who has the current shape mr2 got a prochure for the 2006 mr2 which is a similar shape but there are changes and upgrades to interior and exterior

please can you confirm

Jay

We were told at our last meeting that the mr2 and celicas are going to be abandoned at the end of this year. so i dont know where the 2006 brochure has come from!

Its to reduce co2 emissions, theyre bringing out cars with smaller emissions so have to get rid of bigger ones. its a pain in the *****

why oh why must all good things come to an end... cant we just leave that till im dead :crybaby: they go on about emissions but do nothing about the great clouds of black coming out of busses and coaches, they let industry carry on fouling everything up and again they persecute joe public :crybaby: i hate them i hate them i hate them (tantrum) if i wa a greenie ida bought an eco car but im not waaaaaaah ... damn tree huggin hippy bunny lovers :D

Why do you think they are bringing all these lower emissions cars out though?

So that they bring their emissions down under the acceptable level and are able to bring out something a bit more 'special' which will send the emissions up again- but not exceeding their limit ;)

I doubt toyota are that stupid to get rid of all their sports cars without having a very good reason ;)

T x

i duuno..... mom :bookworm: erm .... still dunno :lol: on the emisions plus side i dont mind the thought of the uk getting warmer temperatures, the odd hurricane, and having the seaside a bit closer :lol: i also smoke so the quality of air i breathe is probably worse than the emisions from even ..... those busses i was on about :D

on the serious side.... the way the uk is going over speed ... i really think there isnt going to be a market for cars that do over 70 soon. between cats eye speed cameras, microchips in number plates telling posts at sde of road what speed ur doing and automatically grassing you up and satelites/black box stuff .... were all gonna get banned anyhow

Yeah but global warming will make britain colder not warmer ;)

-i dont think anybody would be bothered if it was going to make the weather warmer here - it could do with some more sunshine!

T x

Wouldnt it make it warmer in the summer and colder in the winter? just because of the way we are potistioned when in orbit around the sun?

mmmm warmer AND colder .... sunny summers and then snow like it used to be when i was a kid.... :D the kyoto thing is a load of tosh i just decided ...lets cut down the rainforests and get on with polluting the atmosphere with sports cars :lol:

Wouldnt it make it warmer in the summer and colder in the winter? just because of the way we are potistioned when in orbit around the sun?

Nope, Our country is only warm because of the gulf stream (see below), if that stops due to global warming effects then we will get a lot colder - and ill move countries! :D lol

CLIMATE change researchers have detected the first signs of a slowdown in the Gulf Stream — the mighty ocean current that keeps Britain and Europe from freezing.

They have found that one of the “engines” driving the Gulf Stream — the sinking of supercooled water in the Greenland Sea — has weakened to less than a quarter of its former strength.

The weakening, apparently caused by global warming, could herald big changes in the current over the next few years or decades. Paradoxically, it could lead to Britain and northwestern and Europe undergoing a sharp drop in temperatures.

still... it might be interesting to see what the government will do ... faced with a problem that cant be solved by 'taxing' joe public

who knows ...maybe theyll move countries too so they can exploit the populace of a warmer country.....

mmmm government leaving the country... :lol:

simple yes or no would have done.

Not seen what they are replacing them with yet, hopefully we'll find out at christmas! :D

Other people might find that interesting - as a lot of people are under the misconception that global warmer will make britain warmer

Only trying to help, no need to be like that ;)

T x

:crybaby: yip i was told back in June that Toyota was gonna discontinue MR2 ,in fact you know how it is when buying cars you go to all the dealerships,,,only Moons at Heskin ,Chorley told me this even though i put the same question to other toyota dealerships around the north west and they all said they didnt know ,or they acted" thick". Anyhow i decided to go back to the drawing board and redecide,,but i still prefered the MR2, so i thought sod it and got one anyway.. :thumbsup: P.P.

:ph34r: ooo please dont tell me you have those blacked out windows : :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: I await reply ...somehow i think i know what answer is :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Thgey are stopping production.. but not before they bring out the limited edition which the guys at TTE in Germany are working on.... do i smell a turbo? or is it a supercharger?

If i had known.. i might have waited.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links