Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is The Aygo A Bit Pricey?

jay dh

out of interest to see the price for almost the same car between an aygo and a yaris on toyota website, i did a quote.

the equal yaris wasnt too much more expensive but for the extra quality you get, is the aygo worth it? before prices were anounced i thought the aygo would start at 6k.

there are things like cheaper servicing, fuel, insurance etc but does it add up? have i missed a great bonus of having the aygo?

maybe the d4d version coming out will be better value?

i like them and think they are good cars, maybe the value will be better once the new yaris is out...

this does go for the c1, pug 107 too.

any comments on this?

I think they will be better value in comparison with the all new Yaris, which is bigger than this current one - and will be slightly more expensive too I imagine.....

Plus with all the toys this new Yaris gets, I'm not surprised its more expensive tbh!

They are expensive! For what they are anyway! And dealers cant start giving out dicounts on them until they can get more, as theyre only getting 3 a month, so next year they will be decent little cars! :thumbsup:

i also think once they start coming onto the 2nd hand market and demo's being sold they will have deals on them...

I think they will be better value in comparison with the all new Yaris, which is bigger than this current one - and will be slightly more expensive too I imagine.....

Plus with all the toys this new Yaris gets, I'm not surprised its more expensive tbh!

You keep going on about these toys........what are they?

I like the aygo but the only doubt im having is about the engine size, although I know that there good for a 1L. If I don't like the new yaris and the aygo has a better choice in engines it will be one of these little beauties i'll be going for next :thumbsup: !

New Yaris will have 1.0, 1.3, 1.4D and 1.5 engines again - no news on anything else though.... :(

How do I know..... if I told you I'd have to shoot you. The toys are things like keyless entry (called Smart Entry!), keyless start, MP3 player..... depending on the grade you buy, but remote central locking and electric windows are standard on all grades, as are 15" wheels. :thumbsup:

The only thing I'm not sure about is climate control on high grades instead of regular air conditioning..... gotta wait and see about that! :thumbsup:

Full specs will be out soon though! :thumbsup:

I was thinking that too, yesterday I went on the Aygo site and thought that they were also going to be around the 6k mark for the dead basic models..

• 1 month later...

eh up!

got offered a 107 2tronic a/c with curtain bags and a rev counter for £550 (which is similar to french list) below list. :thumbsup:

You have to go to sport in aygoland for a rev counter, I don't want alloys (on a city car?Next to pavement?) and front fogs(some thing else to forget to switch off).

Thanks Toyota for a pug with the pedals in line with the steering wheel and the motor has charisma like a 2CV :group-cuddles:

Anyone know if the new yaris will have a SE-L spec like the new lexus IS?

it certainly would be a first to have a supermini with toys like Heated and ventilated seats, electronic rear sun blind, reversing camera fitted as standard!

Anyone know if the new yaris will have a SE-L spec like the new lexus IS?

it certainly would be a first to have a supermini with toys like Heated and ventilated seats, electronic rear sun blind, reversing camera fitted as standard!

Would you not be better off asking this question on the Yaris forum? :rolleyes:

Basic model Aygo in Ireland works out at £8500 approx or 12565 euros

Whereas the new Yaris is priced at £10530 approx or 15595 euros.

Before you say import one....nah....still get stung on import duties and other taxes so you make no real savings. :(

I'll stick with what I have for now.

Basic model Aygo in Ireland works out at £8500 approx or 12565 euros

Whereas the new Yaris is priced at £10530 approx or 15595 euros.

ouch, thats painful

• 5 weeks later...

Mine was £7995 i got an Aygo+ 5Dr with AC which is £400 if i remember correctly

Mate thats the full list price . . .

Mine was £6,745...... Belfast dealer.

So I did ok at that, yeh?

(Skint owd geezers like to feel they've not been stung! :D )

Raggy :)

Mine was £6,745...... Belfast dealer.

So I did ok at that, yeh?

it depends, that price is the base model price, so if u got anything more, u did ok.

I read somewhere recently that if you were to buy the D4D Aygo (or could've been Yaris), you'd have to drive 250,000 miles to recoup the additional outlay for the diesel over the petrol!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Madness!!!

Edit - here's the article from Whatcar....

"New diesel Aygos priced from £8395

• 1.4-litre diesel is £1600 more expensive than petrol

• Average fuel consumption 68.9mpg

Diesel versions of Toyota's Aygo city car have arrived, with prices starting at £8345.

The 53bhp 1.4-litre engine is the same unit which is used in the Aygo's twin, the Citroen C1, and is a considerable £1600 more expensive than the 67bhp 1.0-litre petrol.

Fuel consumption improves from 61.4mpg to 68.9mpg compared with the petrol on the combined cycle, to give a potential range of more than 530 miles.

Buyers would have to cover nearly 275,000 miles to recover the diesel's premium in savings at the pump, however.

Entry-level five-door versions are £8595, while Sport-trimmed models cost £8845 for a three-door and £9095 for a five-door."

• 2 weeks later...

In NL, the government gives 1000 Euro back for every Aygo (eco-bla bla) since July 2006.

Guys what your estimates of the devaluation of the car? How fast will the price will go down, let's say comparing to Yaris? In 1 year, 2 years, 3...?

I am choosing between second-hand Yaris (<10000 Euros) and Aygo - I will use it exclusively to drive to work.

I calculated diesel/benzine costs, and diesel model is way too expensive. :angry:

5-DoorS (in Euro,-)

1.0..............9.290,-

1.0 +..........10.290,-

1.0 SPORT...11.990,-

1.4 D +.......14.490,-

• 2 weeks later...

got mine for £8400 :Aygo sport 3 door MMT, carbon quartz, aircon. Did I pay too much?

dont think so, probably book price

we are questioning the pricing of the aygo tho in general and if bargains can be had...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links