Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Rev Is This?

dawolf

Went to look at a turbo today, looked in very good nick and ran well. Has plenty of mods and is running about 300bhp apparently. I couldn't tell what revision it was as the rear lights have been changed to rev 3 style, it has the front lower lip but this may have been added on. I know it's a J reg and was registered in 1992.

Cheers, thought it was most likely a rev 2.

The car was a T-bar version, I noticed that it had some green coloured foam material along the seals. What would that be there for?

Cheers, thought it was most likely a rev 2.

The car was a T-bar version, I noticed that it had some green coloured foam material along the seals. What would that be there for?

An attempt to stop them leaking maybe? They don't all leak; mine doesn't even in the heaviest rain, but if someone's put foam in then I would assume that they must have been leaking. Wonder if it's resolved the problem; it's not a solution that I've heard of to that issue.

Deffo a rev2....

And yeah prolly the foam was to stop Tbar leaking.... mine used to leak a lil bit.. did the old silicon jobby and its helped it out no end... but still gets a little wet if rain v heavy

I'm still not convinced about my Tubby, as to whether its a rev 1 or 2. It's a J plate, chassis number is just over 68,000, but it had 14's on it. I'm going to take one of the wheels off at the weekend and measure the disc. That should verify it for me.

Here's a link to help you tell the difference in rev's: http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11619

I'm still not convinced about my Tubby, as to whether its a rev 1 or 2. It's a J plate, chassis number is just over 68,000, but it had 14's on it. I'm going to take one of the wheels off at the weekend and measure the disc. That should verify it for me.

Here's a link to help you tell the difference in rev's: http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11619

if your 2 had 14's on it, then one things for sure..... it deffo had rev1 brakes and calipers. im guessing it's a rev1.... why would someone go through all the trouble of downgrading their brakes? it doesnt make sense.

rev2 and 3 mr2's cant fit 14inch wheels on at all.

I checked the brakes. It's a Rev 1.

The odd thing is, is that it's in the 60,000's for when it was made. Rev 1 only went up to 59,000 odd. Unless someone had the calipers sieze up and replaced them with Rev 1 calipers and discs etc. Unlikely but possible.

Anyone ou there got a pic of a Rev 2 engine/ engine bay???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links