Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Fitting Gauges.

msherry21

Hi all, Its been a while.

I'm looking to fit 4 gauges this weekend, Water temp, oil temp, oil pressure and volt meter.

Can someone help me on how to go about wiring them up?

I literally have no idea but like to do these things rather than pay someone else to do it.

1. where can I ground the wires too, specifically, can i ground all wires to the same point and wheres the best place to take a 12v feed from, exact wire please as I don't have a multimeter.

2. I got a sandwich plate also, can I attach my oil pressure sender and oil temp sensor to this? How do I connect the oil pressure sender to the gauge?

3.Where do I put the water temp sensor, specifics please? and no, not up my a##e.

4. and lastly, How do I wire up the volt meter?

sorry for all the questions, I'm sure there will be more to come.

I'm learning though,

thanks people,

Michael.

Looks like they're all ignoring you Michael. ( rotten lot )

Can't help with your questions myself, but you could drop DazH or someone a PM. Check the garage out for people who've fitted gauges and bombard them with messages till you get a useful answer.

Good luck mate

Can't help you with the sparky bit... but if you're after fitting oil temp and oil pressure gauges you can buy a GReddy oil block adapter which gives you the ability to easily fit the sender units.

greedyoilblock.jpg

As I was only fitting the oil temp gauge and not pressure, I simply used a tapped hole which already exists on the cambelt side of the block... but I did need an adapter to fit the sender unit into which then matched the thread in the block. I think it must have been a hole where Toyota did testing and probably fitting similar sender units, which were simply 'bunged' when into production.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Hi Guys.

1. Yes the wires can all be earthed to the same place, thats not an issue.

1a.I tool the live for my boost gauge from the ignition live wire (ill have to have a look for you to see what coulour it is mate!!)

2. Yes im sure both can be connected, (I think they do two types or oil pressue, a capilary type, and an electrical type)

3. Not sure on the water temp sensor

4. the Volt meter will just have to go one side from the ignition live (same as power for other gauges) one side to earth. (I have a VM on myBlitz TT)

The water temp one can replace the stock one, there is a tapped hole etc, so it's jus a case of swapping the probe :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links