Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric Windows Problems?

Hamlesh

Hi guys, been a while :)

I was wondering if anyone can help me out with this.

A few days ago the window on the driver side just jammed, it would open all the way but wont close all the way up, I could hear the electric motor running normally while the window was down but by the time it gets to about half way up it starts to struggle and at rought 2/3 shut it comes to a slow stop.

I took the door trim off, cut away the plastic sheet and had a look what was going on. I cant really see anything obviously wrong.

Anyone had this problem before, or know what the hell is causing it?

And, when I took the door trim off theres very limited access to the motor and workings for the electric window, anyone know how to get behind the skin, getting inside the door where the glass is?

I have managed to pull the window up so at least its shut.

Thoughts?

Is it sticking against the bushes? A mate had this issue and one of the motor mounts had broke I think ..

ok this is your problem-

it is EXACTLY the same as happened on mine,

basicly you will find one or two of the short bolts which hold the winder motor in have come out. the bolts will be somewhere in the door and all you need to do is get them, put the window up so you can get hold of it, line the hole's up and put the bolt back in.

i found loosening the other bolts helped but for god sake dont take them out.

I had all four brackets break on my drivers side...

Took it off, got them re-welded by a mate. Good as new.

From my mate (CHEERS DAVE !!)

- always a stinger!

Saw your post on TOC about me window, lol, it happened again about 2 / 3 months ago, so of i trotted to Toyota to get another window mechanism! (only £50 ish) Still dunno what caused it but from what i can see the inside skin of the door flexes very slightly and (I'd like to think over time, but time will tell) seem to flex the tags on the motor mount to breaking point, both times it's happened now it's snapped off 3 of the 4 "tags" rendering it useless! Toyota had never heard of this happening either which didn't help.. but i think it's all adjusted correctly..

anyway, as i don't post on TOC dunno if you wanted to let them know it's easy as to change the part...  might help... prob not though! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the input guys, I couldnt find anything loose, but thats how I managed to force the window shut, by releasing one of the arms (taking two bolts out) and then just pulling the window up and closed.

I really need to get this sorted, as sometimes theres still a small gap and I open the car in the morning to find a wet seat :|

If I were to buy a new mech how the heck do you fit it? I cant see anyway to take the skin off to get to the mechanism? The trim comes off no problem, also looks like one of the arms might have broken.

Ideas of how I take the skin off and get to the mechanism?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links