Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fifth Gear Or Top Gear?

Leeky

Fifth Gear or Top Gear?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Fifth Gear or Top Gear?

• Fifth Gear
    • Top Gear

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Karma Supra

• Demonic Angel

• Caz SR

• Fidgits

Top gear for me too :thumbsup: !

On top gear they can sit down and talk about cars however on fifth gear it's like the presenters haven't got a clue and are reading it from a script

Top Gear for me...

Clarkson's not always right but he makes good TV. Hammond's pretty good in a sort of "hyperactive kid" way and I have admired and enjoyed May's writings for years. Most of all though, they all work really well together as a team.

5th Gear is - I guess - okay.The ad breaks get in the way and I don't find VBH nearly as attractive as I used to (its the squealing...). Tiff's an impressive driver, but his accent and nasal sneer get on my nerves and, as Karma said, the hairy one looks like ha needs a good shave and a wash... Now that they're trying to copy the Top Gear format its added to the annoyance for me.

The real acid test is that on a Monday morning was all talk about Top Gear but we never seem to mention 5th Gear...

A

Top Gear, it's got to be.

Fifth Gear? Too many failed/lower league racing drivers. :lol:

Not to intrested in 5th Gear... Tiff thinks he's the bee's knees (at power slides maybe but he's had he's day)..... VBH... her voice gets on my nerves and as for the format of the show.... it's seems they're trying to copy a certain BBC2 show....

Next they'll be copying 'A star in the reasonably priced car'.... speaking of which, I hope Top Gear manage to get a few more ex and current F1 drivers in that car for the new series....

Not to intrested in 5th Gear... Tiff thinks he's the bee's knees (at power slides maybe but he's had he's day)..... VBH... her voice gets on my nerves and as for the format of the show.... it's seems they're trying to copy a certain BBC2 show....

Next they'll be copying 'A star in the reasonably priced car'.... speaking of which, I hope Top Gear manage to get a few more ex and current F1 drivers in that car for the new series....

I reckon "Celeb in a cheap and uncostly motor vehicle" will be the likely name for said segment! :lol::lol:

I reckon "Celeb in a cheap and uncostly motor vehicle" will be the likely name for said segment! :lol::lol:

but it is Channel 5 - so it will be 'Z-list celeb thats been on some reality show or another in a cheap and cheerful motor'

And what's so special about "5th Gear" .. Most new cars have 6, and the new M5 has 7 ..

"5th gear - 71% the way to the top" ..

took the words out my mouth

5th gear is just a mongy wannabe show

but it is Channel 5 - so it will be 'Z-list celeb thats been on some reality show or another in a cheap and cheerful motor'

Ha ha haaa

Jade Goody in her Vauxhall Corsa vs James Hewitt in his Fiat Punto....

Like Robot Wars.... only much more fun and carnage! :lol::lol:

but the robots had a higher combined IQ

well.... so did the bacon buttys at the sandwhich van

As a show on it's own, I don't think 5th Gear is that bad, I usually watch it if I notice it's on & haven't got anything else planned, but comparing it to Top Gear is just cruel, there's an absolute gulf between them, Top Gear is better by far.

5th gear, jeremy does my nut in, and they hate most jap cars just cos he does, the show is not the way it should be, too much jeremy bum lick. lol

I have to disagree here... they dont hate most Jap cars, infact when the guys were given a sum of money and told to buy a car each (not being told what 'tests' they would do) I believe James May bought a Jag, Hammy a BMW and Clarkson had a Mitsu Starion... and basically at the end of it.. he said if you are gonna go that route n want performance/reliability etc buy Jap....

Someone correct me if Im wrong? :P

I voted Top Gear.. as I prefer it... :)

Got to say Top Gear, love Clarkson he may be arrogant but is anti political correctness, something that has ruined this country from all the !Removed! tree huggers to those who ban things like conkers. I have always enjoyed other programs he has done. Hamster, also great & love Braniac which has been done in the top gear style and you have to applaud them in trying to make caravans extinct. Wooden top May is a great sidekick to them as he drives the cars the others don’t want to most of the time.

The chemistry between them make the show & I love the humour between them, been in stitches many a time. 5th gear is ……………………… boring. Whoever designed the new set for this series wants shooting. They have tried an up market of Top Gears hanger & failed miserably.

It is because he is so arrogant, opinionated, very good at finding the fault in everything, and will speak his mind regardless of how many people his opinion will annoy, and it totally and utterly non politically correct that I love Clarkson!!!

I'm so going to end up like him :lol:

I have still not seen all the jag/bmw/starion race... I have missed it both times!!!!

Starions rock, but I also have a natural biat towards the old 635CSL :D

Well, I like both shows. If I had to choose between them I'd say I prefer 5th Gear because any one of Tiff, Jason or Vicky could outdrive Tezza, Hammond or May.

Of the three on TG I think James May is the funniest. The contributions he provides to various publications are always hillarious, as are quite a few of his comments on TG.

I do however agree that 5th Gear is letting itself down a bit by trying to copy the TG format. Why they don't just do their own thing is beyond me. I don't think that's the presenter's fault though - some idiot producer has decided that they need to go that way. Unfortunately the TG presenters can carry that off, whereas the 5G guys are like fish out of water.

And Bibbs - re your comment about 5th Gear title being lame; Yes, lots of cars have 6 gears now so it is, but I've always thought of Top Gear as a bit lame too; Top Gear for most of us is for cruising down the motorway. 2nd, 3rd and possibly 4th are where the fun is. :D

Top gear have the stig.... Who unlike the fith gear cronies is not a failed race driver :D

I despise both programs!

I don't know what 'motoring world' they live in but it's certainly not a real one!

Still not a problem theres always the on/off button :)

Top gear have the stig.... Who unlike the fith gear cronies is not a  failed race driver  :D

Who is the Stig then?

I don't think you can call a career in motor racing, spanning 29 years as 'failed'. Ok, Tiff may not have won championship after championship but just look at the racing experience he has had and the sheer diversity of the vehicles he has driven. I think he more than qualifies to have an informed opinion. :lol:

those who know me will say "Milly is not a violent person" :P

I want to smash VBH and ****** Needell's faces in, they are crap!!!

Well, I like both shows.  If I had to choose between them I'd say I prefer 5th Gear because any one of Tiff, Jason or Vicky could outdrive Tezza, Hammond or May.

Never seen any of Clarkson's Video's or DVD's??

On one... At full throttle I think it's called, Clarkson and VBH buy a car each, modify it and then race... Clarkson picks a better car, and has more skill in the driving and beats VBH easily.

On another... Head to Head I think this one... Clarkson has the measure of Tiff around a tough track with JC in a Jag XJR and Tiff in an M5... Tiff couldn't lose him.

Granted, they both probably are better drivers, but that's because they are professional racing drivers (or were, anyway) so they should be better... that doesn't make them enjoyable to watch though!

Not 5th Gear, more like 5th ZZZZzzzzzzear!

Charis I never said he was a bad driver, and I never said his opinion doesn't count... I did say I can't stand him and I'll say now that on TV he comes accross as an insufferable ubik :thumbsup:

On the other hand he does spout **** at times... i.e. that the new AM V8 is not as fast as a GT-3... A porsche test drive then got it in and on his first lap destroyed his best time in the GT-3 he has been testing for ages :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links