Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question About Wheels For A Noob.

Miles21

I've just had my Mk2 MR2 now for about 4 months and looking to get some new alloys as mine are all curbed etc - mind you ever other part of the car is in beautiful condition!

I was looking for some 17" ones but this guys telling me I can go as big as 19". I mean I don't really 'need' to go that big but he's offering me a cracking price on some chrome ones. Would I need to sort out the arches or something for that. I guess tires would wear more as well? Please as much detail as you wanna give cus I really am new to this stuff.

Cheers!

Oh by the way its bright yellow so I do have my doubts about whether chrome would look good as well. Was thinking about some black alloys. What you think? B)

Not personally a big fan of Chromes.... especially on a yellow car... but each to their own..

I have been told that 16s are optimum for handling before it starts to go funny... mebbe 17s at a push...

19s? hmmmm dunno mate :unsure:

i read in a redline magazine that 19 are to big for arches so you would need work doing to them and i think 17s are your best bet i think they look good and handling isnt to bad but you can stretch to 18 without the arches bein done.

you will need spacers aswell to fit bigger wheels on so they dont scrape on the suspension.

have you got all the offset and that so you know they fit your car. just incase you havnt.

also i think chrome would look a bit odd on the yellow but at the end of the day its your choice and if you liek thats what matters.

please correct me if im wrong

cheers acstreet

Thanks for the advice guys - I thought 19" was too big and yeah I've photoshoped the wheels onto my car and I don't think chrome would be a good choice. Just was browsing altavista and found this car....

Pic 1

Pic 2

The wheels and bodykit are amazing!! Anyone know the bodykit?

Border front bumper... either GReddy gracer side skirts or similiar...

I didn't realise people mixed and matched body kits :rolleyes:

I guess I have a lot to learn. But thanks very much for the advice - the search continues.

No worries.

Loads of people mix and match the bodykits. Makes for more of an individual car... as long as it all compliments each other.

With regards to wheels... .: Click here :.

:D ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links