Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Wont Start

Markturbo

hi i went to open my car today and the alarm didin't work its a clifford g4

so i changed the Battery in the fob key then then the alarm sort of worked but it won't un imbolise the engine to allow the car to start

also the two relays under the dash near the pedals they are clicking when trying to turn the lights on but the lights won't turn on

just wondering what these relays actually control

the car is a rev3 gts turbo

i dont wanna scare you but i had summat that sounds exactly the same.... wasnt the alarm tho ...was the 'amplifier' on the electronic ignition. had same effect on my alarm after few start attempts. totally flattened Battery, messed with alarm. hope your prob isnt the same and maybe ive misread or im going off what details are there.... gl tho and hope its damn site cheaper than the prob i had have you tried jumping it or charging the car Battery ? and if same as mine ...mine didnt show error codes on ecu either ... the thread i posted is on here somewhere if that might help eliminate what im on about... dunno much about cars too but jus tryin to help a lil if poss again gl :thumbsup:

i dont wanna scare you but i had summat that sounds exactly the same.... wasnt the alarm tho ...was the 'amplifier' on the electronic ignition. had same effect on my alarm after few start attempts. totally flattened battery, messed with alarm. hope your prob isnt the same and maybe ive misread or im going off what details are there.... gl tho and hope its damn site cheaper than the prob i had have you tried jumping it or charging the car battery ? and if same as mine ...mine didnt show error codes on ecu either ... the thread i posted is on here somewhere if that might help eliminate what im on about... dunno much about cars too but jus tryin to help a lil if poss again gl  :thumbsup:

I had similar last year :( no error codes, and I replaced the ignitor, coil pack and distributor! :ffs: it still wouldnt start. I had it at 1 garage for a week and they couldnt fix it. Then I took it to Mr T and it was there for 3 weeks on the diagnostics! Turned out to be a combination of some wiring, ignitor and distributor :crybaby:

My pockets were seriously empty when I finally got it fixed <_< ..

But start with the small things first, shove a new Battery on there, then if that doesnt work, start looking at earths.... then the alarm/imobilisor system :!Removed!:

well im going to charge the Battery up and see what happens

but it does seem like the alarm because its not working properly and when you put the key in the ignition you should push a buttuon on the fob key and it then turns the imobiliser off and you can start the car but this isn't happening

the probs you had with your car how much roughly did it cost to fix

the probs on mine seemed very alarm related also... thought immob stuck on too... with a charged Battery the alarm did open doors lock doors beep flash lights but still no fire up and after a few attempts to start Battery went flat again... to fix at mr T was 200-300 if i remebmer .... if its important for you ill find a reciept and let you know... one thing i did do was have the rac look at it before taking it anywhere and the guy who looked from the rac said he believed it was the amplifier... which it was.... so if ur a member of rac or aa maybe use a callout and get them to diagnose... if a fresh Battery wont sort it out

really wish you luck and hope its just flat B.... :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links