Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Confused Newbie

dazzac

:help: Recently bought a MK2 NA MR2 but I am puzzled about the chassis number. Maybe from South Africa. I would appreciate any HELP in identifying it.

Welcome to TOC.

Sorry, I'm not sure how you would identify a South African vehicle. The Model Code plus the first 8 or 9 letters/numbers from the VIN can help identify where the car was destined, but the table of codes I've seen doesn't include SA. My table doesn't include Japan either though, so it's obviously incomplete.

I'm sure someone will know the answer though.

Tony

The chassis number starts with SABTVR. I cannot find any reference to this anywhere?

Never seen and MR2 with a Chassis Number like that; Interestingly, a Google search for SABTVR finds the 'Dutton Owners Club' and mention of a 'DVLA Issued Chassis Number'; it looks to me as if SABTVR might be a special number issued when a vehicle is re-shelled perhaps? I'm guessing here, but it certainly doesn't look like a standard MR2 chassis number.

If you find out the answer, do let us know, because I'm intrigued.

Tony

If it's a Mk2 .. I think they only did SW20 (RHD) and SW21 (LHD) .. and then the limited TRD ones .. hmm, TRD ..

Sounds to me like its re-shelled or something of that degree, I have seen that number before on kit cars, and re-shelled, chopped bikes :unsure::blink:

vin

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links