Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Mr2

philjones1978

Just out of curiosity does anyone know of any way to get the current MR2 from 140 bhp to 200+ like the MX5 turbo and supercharger converstions? Are there similar packages abvailable for the MR2?

The obvious would be to do a 3s-gte conversion to make it a tubby.

But like the mx-5 i've also seen a few Mk3's supercharged.

The kit looks fairly basic to install and although i'm not sure what the Bhp figure is increased too, it's a hell of alot more than 140bhp.

The TTE Turbo kits gets it to the dizzy heights of 184bhp ..

I'd suggest speaking to Millway who have done two different types of turbo now .. one with larger injectors and one with a 5th injector.

The obvious would be to do a 3s-gte conversion to make it a tubby.

But like the mx-5 i've also seen a few Mk3's supercharged.

The kit looks fairly basic to install and although i'm not sure what the Bhp figure is increased too, it's a hell of alot more than 140bhp.

Unfortunately the only way to supercharge it is to cut an 18 inch hole in the firewall behind the driver so it's not an option that has been done here. ;)

They do say that with the Hass stage 2 turbo conversion you can attain "Power output approx 220 – 270 whp, 7 – 11 psi, (manufacturers figures) " personally myself I dont know how long the 1ZZ engine would stand this sort of output.

I have heard TTe are devoloping/devoloped a turbo kit for it (special limited edition turbo version.. with lowered suspension.. uprated rollbars and more stiffness built into the side of the car, has been roumered.) the turbo kit in its current form is said to produce 195bhp.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links