Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi-vis Jackets Or Vests

selfbuild

After hearing on the news that a 30yr old woman was killed on the A12 last night whilst changing her wheel after getting a punture, do you think it should be law to carry a Hi-Visability jacket or vest ?

I have to wear a Hi-Vis coat or vest everyday anyway because of my job and both are kept in the car when i'm not wearing them, so they are always with me anyway. I also keep a spare Hi-Vis vest under the passengers seat just in case.

What are other peoples thoughts on this?

I think its a good idea to have one - just incase - i carry plenty of safety stuff around in my car

torch- for obvious reasons

Warning triangle

first aid kit

foil blankets

emergency hammer and seat belt cutting tool

the only thing i dont have which im going to get very soon is a fire extinguisher :yes:

Maybe im just a little bit paranoid? :ph34r: :!Removed!: :lol:

Yes I think it should be a legal requirement. What if you have to pull over and get out on an unlit section of motorway or road? Most people tend to wear dark clothes and even in a lit street it's hard enough to see people at night or in poor conditions.

I also think Bike Riders should be legally required to wear an over-item of hi-vis closing. It really makes the difference. I'm amazed at how many riders don't even wear a reflective strip these days.

I have a nice big thick Hi-Vis jacket in my boot, fits nicely into the spare wheel. Comes in handy quite often just as a warm coat.

When I did come to need to change my wheel the other week I had the jacket and the jack that came with the car but then found out I didn't get a wheel brace with the car so I couldn't undo the nuts!!

I think it is a good idea - I also think that every car should be supplied with the basic safety equipment, such as a warning triangle and fire extinguisher when its bought brand new, free of charge.... :thumbsup:

I think it is a good idea - I also think that every car should be supplied with the basic safety equipment, such as a warning triangle and fire extinguisher when its bought brand new, free of charge....  :thumbsup:

Here Here :thumbsup: !

In France, its compulsory to have one in your car. In fact, my parents were given one for free when they took out motor insurance on the Yaris...

I think it should be compulsory here too, although having said that, I only keep a bright yellow jacket in the boot of my car rather than a proper hi-vi one.

A

I think it is a good idea - I also think that every car should be supplied with the basic safety equipment, such as a warning triangle and fire extinguisher when its bought brand new, free of charge....  :thumbsup:

Here Here :thumbsup: !

Here Here too! :yes:

In France, its compulsory to have one in your car. In fact, my parents were given one for free when they took out motor insurance on the Yaris...

I think it should be compulsory here too, although having said that, I only keep a bright yellow jacket in the boot of my car rather than a proper hi-vi one.

A

I was just about to mention that but you got here before me, Alan. In fact, that's quite appropriate as I seem to remember it was you who mentioned it a while back!

I was just about to mention that but you got here before me, Alan. In fact, that's quite appropriate as I seem to remember it was you who mentioned it a while back!

:unsure:

Really? I'm getting forgetful in my old age...

A

That's not something I've ever thought about, definately should have though, I'll have to look into it, good idea. The only thing I keep in my car is my jack & basic tools

Duh! I am putting my vest in the car. It's in my office cupboard. Did have it in the car and put it on when I was on the scene of an accident before the police. It's amazing people start moving when you ask them if you are wearing hi vis and they are wandering like sheep.

I'm getting a new jacket next week for the winter so I will just keep that in the boot

My boots full of them for work and I've made sure Lisa carries one, it's so easy so why not?!! :yes:

i dont carry anything like this in my car - i have got my towing bar in glove compartment.. too lazy to put back, and i have been meaning to get a fire extinguisher - hmm got me thinking now

Totally Agree - I came across an accident last Winter on the Notorious "Welsh Lane" near Brackley,

I wouldnt have stood a chance flagging the traffic down on the blind bend

as it was pitch black and freezing fog - without my Hi-Viz jacket

i stood a good chance of being killed ( iv'e got a decent torch in the boot now also)

IT DOES'NT COST MUCH TO BE SAFE

Hi-Vis jacket, warning triangle and torch should all be legal requirements in my opinion. We get too much bad weather... we should make ourselves visible!

Iv got a few jackets... all with my name on for work! But one is always in the car.

We sell them at my work (Makro) for about a fiver, or big jackets for £15 up... that's no money in my opinion for something that could save your life.

Oh, cyclists who don't wear them and have no lights should be shot!!

Oh, cyclists who don't wear them and have no lights should be shot!!

your right they should. i almost sent one flyin tonight on my way home from work. no lights or anythin on an unlit road. he suddenly swerved round a parked car

bikes a terrible, they just dont think, its so easy to not spot them, altho saying that pedestrians can be just as bad.. i swear half of them have a death wish around here, they just step out withouth looking or cross the road as ur passing thinking ull stop for them or something - not as if they cant hear me comming !

not as if they cant hear me comming !

lol same here mate :thumbsup: usually when they have done somethin i boot it past them. make as much noise as possible. burst their ear drums i say :lol:

lol same here mate :thumbsup: usually when they have done somethin i boot it past them. make as much noise as possible. burst their ear drums i say :lol:

Screw that... in my mates car my brother threw a half-drunk bottle of coke at one of them!! Brilliant!

Screw that... in my mates car my brother threw a half-drunk bottle of coke at one of them!! Brilliant!

some **** chucked a milk shake at the back of mine the other day as he shot past me doing 40+ :censor:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links