Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Muffins

CAMSHAFT

Right since we are all driving round the street soliciting in the aim of eating some muffins, I thought we all and I mean all of us should get our hands dirty and put some buns in the oven.

I found this on a site, its a recipe for morning muffins; don’t think I could stomach eating muffing first thing in the morning

These muffins are great for a quick breakfast and you can change the ingredients to suit your tastes. You can use walnut pieces instead of almonds or even leave the nuts out altogether. Most dried fruit will work, use what you like, raisins would be good.

It is best if you measure everything out before you start to mix everything together. Also if you use the same spoon you use to measure the oil for the honey, the honey will slip off the spoon without sticking. Use a pair of kitchen scissors to cut up the dried apricots. Have fun.

Ingredients: (makes 12)

-2 cups of All-purpose Flour (sifted)

-2 tsp baking powder (sifted with flour)

-2 eggs

-3 tablespoons of Oil (you can use Olive Oil, or any vegetable oil)

-¾ cup milk

-100ml clear runny honey (Just over 9 tablespoons)

-1 cup dried cranberries

-2/3 cup dried sour cherries

-1 cup dried apricots (cut up into small pieces with kitchen scissors)

-1 cup fresh raspberries (or fruit of your choice, blueberries etc - you could use frozen)

-½ cup of slivered almonds (walnut pieces would be good also)

Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 350 if you have a fan oven. Either lightly grease a 12-holed muffin tin, or put 12 large paper muffin cases in the holes.

Sift the flour and the baking powder together into a large bowl, tapping the sides of the sift gently to get all the lumps out of the flour. Add all the dried fruit, nuts, and the fresh fruit.

muffins2.jpg

Break the eggs into another bowl or large jug, and whisk lightly with a fork or a hand held whisk. Add the oil, milk and honey, whisking all together until the honey has dissolved.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix together with a large spoon, don't over mix or the muffins will be tough!!!! Just make sure all the flour is mixed in.

muffins3.jpg

With a large spoon fill each muffin tin filling as evenly as possible.

Carefully open the oven door, and then with oven gloves place the muffin tray in the oven. (In the centre of the oven if not fan oven, anywhere if a fan oven) Carefully close the oven door, and time for 20 to 25 minutes. The muffins should be golden brown when cooked.

Once again using the oven mitts, or get an adult to help, take the tin from the oven, place on a surface that can take heat, leave the muffins in the tin for a while to cool down. Then place the cooler muffins on a wire rack.

Once cool enjoy! These will keep for about 3 days in a sealed container or a ziploc bag.

by: Greg Duncan

Here are a few more recipes

Sweet muffins

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links