Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Induction Kit Wooes

Hamlesh

Right this is causing me some confusion, I have an L reg MR2 MRK2 and the past 20 mins googling I cant work out what type of induction kit I need.

Whats this air flow filter stuff?

Anyone have a good tutorial on removing the stock air filter and replacing it? Some tech sheets would be helpful.

Thanks as always :)

Does you engine look like this?

DSCN3276Medium.jpg thats a rev 1/2 3sge.

I wish it looked like that! Geez thats tasty :) But yeah its that type of engine.

So do I need the air flow meter type of induction kit? I was looking to gfet a cheap one from eBay but by the looks of things the Apexi ones are the best?

When it come to filtering your air you get what you pay for...

I'd personally stick with what I know - K&N, tried and tested with a proven 12bhp increase on my UK spec Rev3 a few years ago. They come with a 100 000 mile warranty too B)

Lol, thats not my engine bay dude, I wish :)

Think its going to have to be an apexi induction kit, there was a site I found, cant refind it now for the life of me, but compared all the induction kits against each other (the apexi one came out on top).

From changing the air filter the other day i've noticed a small problem. The screws at the bottom of the air box (the thing the air filter sits in) are rusted, looks like I'm going to have to get an angle grinder in there and take it out.

Unless someone can suggest another way? I had thought it would be a "fun" idea to drill a few holes in the intake side of the air box, but decided against it as the induction kit will most probably go on in the next month or so.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links