Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Old Fogie Grand Prix

PaulT

Nothing gordy,

i grew up with watching Mansell - i suppose.... dunno really i just remember in the race where he ran out of fuel on the last corner..

i think i just prefer to remember him winning the F1 championship then winning indy car....

might watch BBC2 anyway just to see if he can win from pole...

J

Phew, glad ya like the man........thought I was gonna have to come up with a loada reasons why he is the don and all that jazz............. :lol:

Ahh I'm looking forward to this....

The guy that is building the cylinder head for my TT supra is the same chap that is building engines for this series.....

He is building for Mansel.... :thumbsup:

He was a Renault builder that did Alonso's engine this year for Renault F1... so he knows his stuff :D

Spoil sport Gordy - no point watching the rest of it now :angry:

J

Well, you clicked the link :lol::lol::lol:

Wooooooooo Wooooooooooooooo :D

Good race... come the second half when everyone had got the feel it really picked up!!!!

It was like wastching an F1 race from 10 or so years ago.... i.e. before it got boring!!!!

I am also pleased with the result :thumbsup:

Team Altec first and second :D

It was indeed mate - it was good to see some clasic names.

especially when fittipaldi was STILL challenging Mansell up to the last corner :thumbsup:

respect to the guys - at 58 & 52 they still battle it out till the end B)

J

should put modern drivers in them cars

would probably soil themselves

useless monkey robots, there were some real drivers out there today :yes:

I thought it was as dull as a moldern F1 race. Not that much action on track. I had expected better. These guys are all older, with families and responsibilities, and nothing left to prove, so the fact is, they won't take the kind of chances that produce good racing.

They did pick up the pace near the end, so hopefully as the series progresses and they get more and more into it, things will really kick off.

I thought it was dull aswell, great idea but not much to look at, I knew the first 8 or so who finished as for the rest WHO, I don’t think it was Murray who did the commentary, it was one of those doll`s of him that when ya pull the string, it spats out of it’s 5 pre-programs phrases,

1.some of the these driver haven’t race in years,

2. there are no electronics aids what so ever,

3. Someone does a fast sector: he is on a right charge now.

4. At this stage I put on mute and just sat there making car noises so i missed the rest.

He did produce a brand new Murrayism though, and a classic at that:

"Mansell has the most race wins ever, except for Senna and Schumacher."

He did produce a brand new Murrayism though, and a classic at that:

"Mansell has the most race wins ever, except for Senna and Schumacher."

:lol: yea i heard that one

here are a few more i found

"A battle is developing between them. I say 'developing' because it's not really on yet."

"Mansell can see him in his earphones."

"There's no damage to the car at all - except to the car itself."

"..and he's done that in a whisker under ten seconds. Call it 9.7 in round figures."

"Michael Schumacher is actually in a very good position. He's in last place."

"Once again, the determination, the sheer grit, the driving skill and the tactics of Alan Jones, allied to the legendary reliability of the Williams is paying off - except Jones is in TROUBLE."

"Then the rain came down, and washed the circuit dry."

"Andrea de Cesaris - the man who has won more Grand Prix than any other driver without actually winning one of them."

"As you look at the first four, the significant thing you'll notice is that Alboreto is fifth."

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is Senna's car sounding rough?"

"Even in five years time, he (Coulthard) will still be four years younger than Damon Hill."

"His hopes, which were nil before, are absolutely zero now."

"I make no apologies for their absence. I'm sorry they're not here."

"I've no idea what Eddie Irvine's orders are, but he's following them superbly well."

"Jensen Button now joins the top ten, in eleventh position."

"Look up there. That's the sky."

"The car in front is absolutely unique, except for the car behind it, which is identical."

"There is nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire."

"And that stretch of water over on the right is not the St Lawrence seaway, it's the Olympic rowing course which I have walked down."

"Cruel luck for Alesi, second on the grid. That's the first time he had started from the front row in a Grand Prix, having done so in Canada earlier in the year."

"Obviously, Mansell has pitted. I say 'obviously', because I can't see whether he has pitted, and neither can you, but it's obvious that he has."

"Here comes our race leader, currently lying in third place."

"If that isn't a lap record, I'll eat the hat I don't normally wear."

"BMW are entirely new to F1, having left it so long ago."

"It's lap 26 of 58, which, UNLESS I'M VERY MUCH MISTAKEN, is half way."

"Twenty-four points for Schumacher, twenty-three points for Hill, so there's only one point between them - if my mental arithmetic is correct."

"This is an interesting circuit because it has inclines, that not only go up, but down as well."

"We now have exactly the same situation as we had at the beginning of the race, only exactly opposite."

"Schumacher wouldn't have let him past voluntarily. Of course, he did let him past voluntarily, but only because he had to do it."

"The slow motion replay doesn't show you how fast he was actually travelling."

... and of course, our old favourite: "Spin! Spin! Spin! Round! Round! Round!"

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links