Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed

MooseR2

Hi guys, im new to this place.

Im wanting to get an MR2 GT Turbo very soon and need some advice on whats what as im researching them. Im in England.

Is the GT turbo the same as a GTS turbo? - Am i right in thinking that they are the same but you can get T bar and coupe (which is the GTS?) Ive read that the GTS is lighter as its the sport version.

Also, are all the turbos Jap imports? Ive had quotes for turbos and its extremely appealing. Im just a bit weary that ill get an import and it may change the premium (as imports do).

Also... what is the twin entry turbo? i keep finding it on descriptions. is this the normal turbo version.

Any help would be aprreciated.

Cheers

Hey. I'm currently looking to upgrade to an MR2 turbo also.

The GT and GT-S (imports) are both turbo models and yes, I think the GT-S is the lighter car as it's a hardtop. Don't be confused with the GT UK car as this has a N/A engine. You can tell imports as they should have the square rear number plate, toblerone style indicators, electric folding mirrors and air-con as standard. ALL turbo models are imports from Japan.

An import will cost more on the insurance but just shop around different companies, I pay £820 for my G-Limited N/A.

ALL MR2 turbo's are twin entry, this doesn't mean it's got two turbo's, lol.

Hope that helps.

Yeah thanks thats helps alot.

Was wondering then, if I've had a quote for insurance for a GT turbo and a GTS turbo which is about £650, its not gonna change as all turbos are imports? Or are insurance companies stupid and think that they are UK cars?

If so cant you just say the car is uk if they think so?

Im only cautious on this as thats a !Removed! good quote and I dont really wanna get the car then to go for it and they say its more as the cars an import.

The way I'm seeing it is If i've been quoted for a turbo at that price and all turbos are imports nothing should really change dramatically. Surely I can argue this with them as my qupte is saved for 30 days!

All Turbos are imports they didnt make a UK turbo model !

I you have told the insurance its a turbo, they will know !

I pay £680 fully comp on my tubby !

As said GT model normaly has more extras, and has 1/2 leather seats etc. The GTS is ligher and has cloth seats and less extras !

All Turbos are imports they didnt make a UK turbo model !

I you have told the insurance its a turbo, they will know !

I pay £680 fully comp on my tubby !

As said GT model normaly has more extras, and has 1/2 leather seats etc. The GTS is ligher and has cloth seats and less extras !

SWEET!

A turbo it is then! C'MON!

I think the GT-S is the lighter car as it's a hardtop

Sorry to butt in wolf :P

GT-S can have any extras that the GT had (including a T-Bar roof), it just came with very little as standard in the hopes of making it lighter. There is a rumour going around that the GT-S had thinner windows also to make it lighter. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links