Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota On Bridgestones Next Year

Ian S

I'm a bit of an F1 freak, so I'll probably be posting in here a fair bit, if you get fed up with me, tell me to shut it! :D Anyway, Toyota have just announced they're going to be running Bridgestone tyres next season- what's everyone's views on this? Bridgestone were definitely the weaker manufacturer this season, but with tyre changes coming back into play next season, we could well see them being much more competitive like they were when Ferrari were dominating F1 on Bridgestones. Surely Toyota's first win will come next season- only time will tell I guess!

Must say i think its a good move :thumbsup:

Bridgestone can't afford to have another bad year, and i think Toyota are going to have their most competitive year next season, Ralf seems to really like the B-Spec car, which i believe most of the front end is to be the same if not very similar on next years car, so hopefully they will be "up there with the the big boys" :yes:

I think next year with the b spec car it will definitely be their strongest season yet. I'm fully expecting at least one race win this coming season....I'm not entirely convinced by the Bridgestones yet tho I'm afraid... :(

I think Bridgestone are gonna be right up there, and like you say, the B-Spec car plus all the winter developments, we should be even stronger next year,

But saying that, I have a strange feeling Ferrari will be back :yes:

If in doubt, hope for rain! :lol:

Well u say they been having a lot of winter testing etc, well so do the other manufacturers, so in the end its probably gonna b the same, though i do think toyota will do betta next season, though i dnt think ralf is worth it, i dnt think hes that gd tbh

I watch the F1 although generally I like to see Toyota and brit drivers doin well....as far as tyres I think they should be able to change manufacturers if they want to. :)

• 3 weeks later...

well, seeing as the rules have been changed so that tyre stops will be back theres a very strong possibility that the probs Bridgestone had last yr will be gone....they also have more than one top team to handle developement, and theres also a high chance if it becoming a single tyre formula for '07 with everyone on bridgestones so toyota look to have made a very shrewd move.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links