Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drink Driving

G6AArgh

how often do you drive over the limit  

53 members have voted

1. 1. how often do you drive over the limit

• Never, i am a saint (or T total)
    • Once or twice a year
    • Few times a year
    • Once or twice a month
    • Once or twice a week
    • Daily
    • I am a functioning alcoholic

Never, anybody who does is a c*nt, I was once a c*nt, once, never again...

You live, you learn :yes:

Never touch a drop if driving, I like a few beers but always make sure I don't have to drive the following day until mid afternoon at the earliest if at all possible, not worth the risk :yes:

Should just add like Daz touched on, driving the next days not too clever either, a relative of mine got breathalised lunch time the day after, lost his license, then his job, then his house- FACT.

You've got to be really careful :yes:

Never! not once and thats the truth! in this day and age i think youd be stupid to! you hit somebody and doesnt matter whether they jumped in front of your car - if your over the limit - your guilty!

it took me long enough to get my licence im not gonna do anything to risk having it taken away!

Im always worried that even one drink could take me over limit - even though i wouldnt be drunk id still lose licence! :!Removed!:

Never, i am a saint (or T total)

Yep, that's me - I got told off for saying T-Total on here but I never drink apart from once or twice a year..infact I can remember having half a can of beer one day when I was very annoyed about something but before that it was at least 9 months without any.

Plus I work in Motor Insurance and see quite a few people's policies who have a DR10 (drink driving conviction) and the additional excess plus higher premium is even more of a reason not too.

I voted never.. but, when i was about 18 i did, once.. got away with it.. how? i'll never know. Now i am 38 years old and i would never drink and drive.

The law on this, in my opinion, is complete <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals> and should be changed to one of two things.

1. You are allowed to drink and drive.. full stop.. no limits.

2 You are not allowed to drink and drive.. full stop.. if you are caught, good bye licence

Before anyone says.. i know alcohol can occur naturally in the body.. but this could easily be prooved by a docter if someone inadvertadly gave a posotive sample.

I'll have a pint with a meal and that's it. Never ever tempted to drink any more than that though and always careful about that "next morning" thing. No having a skinful on a Sunday night and then driving to work in the morning.

By the way, the poll question was "how often do you drive over the limit".

so I could still answer 'never'.

I dont even drink a pint, as some days a pint seems to affect me more than other days.

Once though i was at a party which was crap, and went to bed at 12 ish (slept over) after about 5 hours of not having any sleep, i decided i was going home, 5 hours without sleep is a LONG time.

Thats the only time i did it, i was mildy drunk, but it certainly had an effect on my driving, i became paranoid and very very careful, thankfully i didnt see any other cars on the road as it was very early and a short trip.. never again

Whata stupid question....

Drink driving is far from clever and everyone knows you would have to be a complete muppet to do it !!

I'll have a pint with a meal and that's it. Never ever tempted to drink any more than that though and always careful about that "next morning" thing. No having a skinful on a Sunday night and then driving to work in the morning.

By the way, the poll question was "how often do you drive over the limit".

so I could still answer 'never'.

Yup Im agreeing with Al here I dont drive over the limit, as said before occasionally have a drink with a meal, but even then its hardly ever....

i just wont risk it... not now..

I've always said "never say never" but I've also always said that I'll never drink drive. I had a few (not loads, but more than the limit) at a christening a few months ago & on the way home (I was a passenger in a sober person's car before any1 asks) some1 phoned me & asked me if I wanted to play football, I was tempted to drive the 1/4 mile to the park then back but decided not too for 3 reasons: 1) the guilt that I'd have felt if I had an accident, even if it was completely unnavoidable in any circumstances, 2) the risk of losing my licence, 3) I don't want to get confidence in my driving ability when I've had a drink, I dont want to think for 1 second that I may be able to drive well after having too many.

In general though, I never touch any alcohol whatsoever when I'm driving, simple.

some1 phoned me & asked me if I wanted to play football,..................... I was tempted to drive the 1/4 mile to the park ..........................

So you're fit enough to play football, but walking 1/4 mile is too much??

Lazy bugger ! :P

some1 phoned me & asked me if I wanted to play football,..................... I was tempted to drive the 1/4 mile to the park ..........................

So you're fit enough to play football, but walking 1/4 mile is too much??

Lazy bugger ! :P

Lol, yeah, that was another factor, I dont mind walking there but when you've just ran around for the best part of 3 hours the last thing you want is a (even very short) walk. I also find driving generally a lot quicker.

I'll have one pint and then wait a few hours .. 2 pints if it's over dinner and a few hours. But no more.

Cant handle my drink so i stay away from it which goes down well with my work mates as they always have a driver.

Plus i dont need to drink im nutty enough without it :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links