Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk3 Hardtop

TOYMOTA

I'm asking this question for a mate at work. He's got a mk3 mr2 and wants to get hold of a hardtop for it. He said that he couldn't get one from Mr T. Does anyone out there know wher e to get them?

Penelope Pitstop: I think I recall you mentioning you had one!?

Cheers :thumbsup:

heya mate, I know this isnt of great use but when I was looking at mr2 bits today on eBay I saw 3 mk3 hardtops of varying colours, sorry cant be more helpful :)

eBay will be a LOT cheaper than Mr T.. even if it has to be sprayed. If he isn't in a hurry.. the summer is best time to look.. they go for more in winter time.

.....Yes i do have one...but i bought it when i bought the car this summer as new.....when you purchased the hardtop you also got air con with it ,,the two came together and you couldnt just buy the hardtop.....they said you couldnt purchase the hardtop at a later date or as an afterthought as it had to be factory fitted. Personally speaking i dont see why this is as surely they all come from the "same mould" so to speak,,,,,,At the moment i am waiting for my soft top to dry out so i can put my hardtop on,,I also purchased the protective cover and storage system to store the hardtop,,as i thought i didnt want the hardtop to get scratched/damaged during the summer months when it wasnt in use.... I have seen hardtops on e-bay. Glad i bought one cause it looks real nice on,,i think its the red colour co-ordination that does it.... :thumbsup:

Thanks for your replies so far.

Do you need to buy any further fixings for the hard top to connect to the car at the engine end?

Toymota,,,,,,dunno bout fixing kits.....when i put my hardtop on it simply sits into two brackets on the back and then the the two levers on the hardtop inside, grabs onto the car inside to secure it......sorry bout jargon but dont know technical names for the bits and bobs ..LOL ..P.P.

..ooh is that what the chrome thingy me bobs are at the back??????also in the glove box in a fabric wallet is the same thingy me bobs but in red.............i wouldnt have thought then it would be too difficult to convert then?????P.P. just dont ask me to do it...LOL P.P.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links