Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Freezing And Buzzing

Heathy

I've just completely rewired my sound system and fitted a amp under the front bonnet but I have two problems...

1) I rewired the system because there was a squeeling through all of the speakes (alternator noise) but now the rear speaker by the standard amp squeels I have tried moving the wire away but it is still the same. I can't disconnect the standard amp because I have used the constant and switched power cables from the standard wiring.

2) The slider that changes the air inside the car from hot to cold stops about half way before the hot so I am driving around freezing, it has only started doing it since I fitted the wires so could there be a wire stopping it?

How good is your earth?? and have you run an rca cables along side any speaker wires?

There could be a wire blocking the heater slider BUT have you tried sort of pulling the slider button towards you at the same time as pushing it sideways.....mine sticks, for the 1st month I couldn't move it until I was fiddling and sort of pulled it back (kinda hard as it's not an easy button to grab) but just a gentle pull and slide to the right and it moves no problem. Worth a try :)

Cheers

KiwiMR2

It has a good earth yea the wires are run together but all of the cables are double screened copper cables so there shouldn't be a problem, it only seems to squeel from the speaker near the standard amp and all the others are fine :angry:

I tried everything with the heater slider for about 15 minutes but it wouldn't move, what actually moves inside when you slide it?

Is there anyway of using a seperate power to the stereo? as i find that i have a squel on my day to day car by using existing wiring. just build a new wiring system from scratch. run it under the carpet to an amp under the passenger seat the run new cable from the amp to the door Speakers and the rear Speakers. hope that makes sense. :blink:

I d say DONT run any RCA and power leads together, no matter how screend ! :thumbsup: thats basic stereo install rules !

Set up a new perminant live direct from the Battery, and an earth as close as you can to the amp.

That way you reduce the posibility of interferance !

make sure ALL yours eaths are to the same place !

Try fitting a suppressor on the altenator / and or a grouind loop isolator on the rca leads !

How do I cut the power to the standard toyota loom so that no power is going to the standard amp? I have a supressor but am not sure which wire to put it on, it says the thickest but the thickest is the earth and there are three more all the same thickness

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links