Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paul Port Water Injection...

Jesus

Had Paul Port's dual pump water injection system fitted today.

Nice to have met him and his mates. Freezing cold and not the best time of year to do it, but so glad we did.

The system has made such a difference to charge temps from the subjective tests on the way home. The digital read-outs I've got on my dash for air intake temp, engine bay temp, and pre-intercooler temp stayed as they were whilst on full boost... but the throttle body temp (post intercooler) never went above 40 degrees C as opposed to creeping toward 60 degrees (car's running 1.2 bar boost with HKS intercooler and custom fabricated pipes for better airflow).

Will post more info when I've done more testing in better weather, and when the roads aren't causing wheelspin and back end twitching through to third gear! Doh!

Will also post pics when I've had the chance to take some!

I'd certainly recommend the system to anyone.

Thought you were selling up mate? :blink:

Sounds good all the same! :D  :thumbsup:

I'm terrible like that ... will keep modding until it goes... haven't actually tried selling it yet. Can never bring myself to doing it!

suberb, made a similar system up of my own, and i too noticed a quite incredible drop of around 20degrees and a drop of methanol in the mix does octane wonders ;)

just out of the car at the moment as it was a 'tamp' thing to see if it actually worked! but now becoming a permanant install :D

haven't actually tried selling it yet. Can never bring myself to doing it!

I'll have it off you in April/May time! :drool::thumbsup:

Hey you kept this mod hush mate. Glad to here that you are keeping the mr2 for a bit longer. It wouldn't seem right seen you in another car mate :thumbsup: Look forward to see the pictures mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Same things I noticed on the Nur testing .. great bit of kit to, been singing it's praises for years now ;)

Bet yours doesn't have a bit of skirting to hold it all together though :)

Nice on Kev :thumbsup:

Be nice to see what the temps are like when the weather gets warm again. I'm getting good results by insulating the intake pipes with foam pipe lagging and reflective aluminium tape. In this cold weather im not going over 52 degrees when stood and only in the 30's when moving. Same boost as yours too mate, damn I love this cold weather :D All post standard intercooler temps.

I'd love to get some intake pipes fabricated up like yours sometime.

Joe

how much was the system mate? Easy to fit?

The dual pump system was £340... with regards to fitting, I left that to Paul. All I did was drilled my pipework and fitted the nozzle. Took about 2.5 hours all in.

Same things I noticed on the Nur testing .. great bit of kit to, been singing it's praises for years now ;)

Bet yours doesn't have a bit of skirting to hold it all together though :)

Hahaha... no, mine doesn't have the skirting. The pumps are mounted on a bracket and fixed straight onto the boot wall/bulkhead...

I asked for a discount as I didn't get the option of pine varnished 6" taurus skirting to mount the pumps!!!

I soooo want to take mine to Nur now. You did some good testing, and I remember your results you sent me. Glad that I'm getting about the same. The WI starts coming in at about 8psi and maxxes out at about 16psi between 3500rpm and 5750rpm. Currently running approx 50/50 water/methanol mix...

Nice on Kev  :thumbsup:

Be nice to see what the temps are like when the weather gets warm again.  I'm getting good results by insulating the intake pipes with foam pipe lagging and reflective aluminium tape.  In this cold weather im not going over 52 degrees when stood and only in the 30's when moving.  Same boost as yours too mate, damn I love this cold weather  :D  All post standard intercooler temps.

I'd love to get some intake pipes fabricated up like yours sometime.

Joe

Yeah, definitely interested in what the temps will do come summer.

I also have the IC to throttle body pipe wrapped with fibreglass cladding and reflective aluminium tape. Interesting you're not going over 30 degrees at the throttle body when on full boost... that's normally the temps front mount intercooler car's run. You're dong well... :thumbsup:

I also love this cold weather... but not the greasy roads. On my way to getting the kit fitted I came down the slip road onto the motorway and the roads looked dry as they could be. Hit the car on full throttle... dead straight line... car pulled and pulled and pulled... got to about 5500rpm and the back stepped right out! Sideways down the slip road on full boost!!! Decided not to drive quite so quickly until the weather is better again... dry roads can look deceptive.

I also love this cold weather... but not the greasy roads. On my way to getting the kit fitted I came down the slip road onto the motorway and the roads looked dry as they could be. Hit the car on full throttle... dead straight line... car pulled and pulled and pulled... got to about 5500rpm and the back stepped right out! Sideways down the slip road on full boost!!! Decided not to drive quite so quickly until the weather is better again... dry roads can look deceptive.

Had the same on the way to work at 6.30 this morning.......not nice going side ways in 3rd, looked pretty dry, but must have been ice /oil / water :o

Think ill take it easy aswell, last think I want, to smash my car up just now after all the time and money.

Looking at waterinjection for the summer, may be march time, dont think i need it now as its so cols, and cant afford it, xmas and all ! :thumbsup:

Looking at waterinjection for the summer, may be march time, dont think i need it now as its so cols, and cant afford it, xmas and all !  :thumbsup:

Once the turbo has compressed the air like it does, it doesn't make a huge difference by the temperature of the air going in... Pre intercooler temps on a stock IC were recording up to ~120oC. Pretty much all year round.

The air going through the intercooler would make a difference... but as the airflow over it is not great due to the layout, you don't feel the difference that people with FMIC's feel at this time of year.

Still worth having at whatever time of year.

If I was to do it all over again, my first 2 mods would have been Aussie downpipe, and then water injection.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links