Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who Knows About Disco`s?

daktari

Just been to look at this little beauty. I`m fancying a change for the winter. :)

Sorry for the image quality, only had my phone with me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/rast.../Photo-0002.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/rast.../Photo-0003.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/rast.../Photo-0004.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/rast.../Photo-0005.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/rast.../Photo-0008.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/rast.../Photo-0007.jpg

144k. FSH. 12months MOT. Interior is a little grubby but nothings broken and all the electrics work. Front and rear bumpers starting to show a little wear & tear. One spot of corrosion the size of a 10p piece on the OSR door. Solid underneath. Drives well. Gearbox & axles are nice and quiet. The engines sound apart from a weep from the rocker gasket. Needs a new tyre to replace the spare.

Are there any issues anyone knows of with early Disco`s that i should be aware of?

I`ve looked all around the net for a guide to prices, but it seems to be very random. I can have this one for 2K does that sound good?????

Any help appreciated. Cheers. :thumbsup:

Dak.

Sounds stupid, but what about here? http://www.discoveryownersclub.org/

Mate of mine's a member of one of these clubs - I'll try and find out which one, but it seems to have a good, active forum...

Why do you wantone of those things anyhow? You'll spend as much fixing the ruddy thing as buying it

:thumbsup:

A

Looks just like my Dad's! :thumbsup: His is green too! :thumbsup:

His is M reg and has suffered a bit recently - he's spent quite a bit of cash on it - I'm not sure on exactly what though but generally, its not been a bad motor for him - although the Battery is going on it now... :rolleyes:

Told him he should have got a Rav4 instead.... :lol:

4x4's are well juicy! and funnily enough you will get loads of stick from people... enviromentalists

beware of rust on rear door, and rear side doors,

check all electrics interior switches are generally poor on these,

what engines in this one?

i'd only buy a diesel one if i were you the petrol arent upto much even the v8's,

if its an auto the gearboxes arent too good,

check all the usuals on a car (pretty sure you'd know)

otherwise cant think of many problems with these,

gotta love women and motors , they know it has a Battery - no offence em. :lol::wub::thumbsup:

A colleague in work has just spent about £1000 on a new starter,alternator and Battery for his. He has had nothing but trouble with it.

Another friend regrets buying his, he has had loads of electrical problems including the ignition and I remember he was shocked by the prices of spares.

Maybe you should buy 2!

Thanks for the replies peeps. :thumbsup:

Why do you wantone of those things anyhow? You'll spend as much fixing the ruddy thing as buying it

Well i`m thinking we`ll get some of this.

legolas_snow_heart2.jpg

and hope to do some of this

17%20not%20good%20at%20all.jpg

Looks just like my Dad's!  :thumbsup: His is green too!  :thumbsup:

His is M reg and has suffered a bit recently - he's spent quite a bit of cash on it - I'm not sure on exactly what though but generally, its not been a bad motor for him - although the battery is going on it now...  :rolleyes:

Told him he should have got a Rav4 instead....  :lol:

I was looking at a Landcruiser but that had a 4 litre straight 6 in it. too thirsty. Rav4 too expensive and tooo fragile for what i have in mind. :D

I like the Cheese and Onion Discos the best.

Cheers Rich :lol:

4x4's are well juicy! and funnily enough you will get loads of stick from people... enviromentalists

Yeah i know. Used to have a Pajero and a Fourtrack before. Just keep `em covered in S**t then people will know it`s a working vehicle not a status symbol. :thumbsup:

beware of rust on rear door, and rear side doors,

check all electrics interior switches are generally poor on these,

what engines in this one?

i'd only buy a diesel one if i were you the petrol arent upto much even the v8's,

if its an auto the gearboxes arent too good,

check all the usuals on a car (pretty sure you'd know)

otherwise cant think of many problems with these,

Checked all the above. It`s a 200tdi and i know where there`s plenty of cheap spares. Look in the background of the pics for a clue. :thumbsup:

A colleague in work has just spent about £1000 on a new starter,alternator and battery for his. He has had nothing but trouble with it.

Another friend regrets buying his, he has had loads of electrical problems including the ignition and I remember he was shocked by the prices of spares.

Maybe you should buy 2!

As above. :)

I`ll go have another look at it today before i make my mind up. :thumbsup:

Fair enough, I suppose. I find snow tyres are more than adequate on a front/ (car based) 4 wheel drive in the conditions most people will have to deal with but I guess driving through mud for the heck of it is fun.

What about a Hilux then? or a Surf?

I guess its up to you...

A

Fair enough, I suppose. I find snow tyres are more than adequate on a front/ (car based) 4 wheel drive in the conditions most people will have to deal with but I guess driving through mud for the heck of it is fun.

What about a Hilux then? or a Surf?

I guess its up to you...

A

There`s no way i`m going to use the 535 in the snow. It gets twitchy on a light dew. And the GT4 is tucked up for the winter. I had considered a surf but i`ve not been too impressed with the fuel consumption of anything japanese. My daihatsu was probably the best. (28mpg) Not bad for 2.8 Diesel. The Pajero was dismal in comparrison. TBH i think the price of the disco is whats tempting me. Seems to be very good from what i`ve seen. Reliability???? Well we`ll see. If i get it and end up complaining on the forums about it, you can say 'told you so' :lol::thumbsup:

gotta love women and motors , they know it has a battery - no offence em.  :lol:  :wub:  :thumbsup:

And the only reason I know is because my Dad told me! :lol::lol:

In all honesty though Dak.... my Dad can take his anywhere - his is a 2.5 diesel, so not as thirsty as the petrol and it really is a beast....

But the other thing I failed to mention as well, the doors dont lock properly on his.... so every morning, he looks outside expecting it to be stolen... :rolleyes: Its got remote locking, and the driver door locks, but the passenger door doesnt..... but if you lock the passenger door manually, you cant open it again.... its all very strange

Looks good Dak,

my father-in-law has a 200tdi very similar to that one, I like them - great fun to drive round the county lanes, through the fords at speed and over the cattle grids at 60mph!

Biggest problem with his is rust just keeps appearing, land rovers just seem to disintegrate.

I was looking at a cheap 200tdi the other day - £800 for a H reg. Looked fairly tidy and good fun but I couldn't justify a 4th vehicle!

Watch the clutch.... they work on ball joint and have a habit breaking about every 30-40,000 miles or so.... this happened to my father-in-law and the mechanic who fixed it has done quite a few of them and said this was a common fault.

It cost him approx £250.... that was 6-7yrs ago.....

Watch the clutch.... they work on ball joint and have a habit breaking about every 30-40,000 miles or so.... this happened to my father-in-law and the mechanic who fixed it has done quite a few of them and said this was a common fault.

It cost him approx £250.... that was 6-7yrs ago.....

Lots cheaper than a GT4 then :lol: Thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

Went over it with a fine tooth comb today. All i could find was a broken cubby box lid hinge and the rear wiper blade has perished.

Managed to get 2 new tyres thrown in & a 3 month parts & labour guarantee with it.

Pick it up 1st Dec. :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links