Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stupid Lotus...

Leeky

Lee I am still concerned as to why they are putting a new subframe asn lower suspenstion arm on!!!!!!!??????

i used to work on loti and i can say they really do stand for L.O.T.U.S. but they are a car you buy with your heart not your head!

from what i understand you want a ring car? well the lotus is fantastic at this, a few mods alla 5th gear and you'll be there! :)

as for the K series! the 1.8 is more fragile than a bear with a hangover!

got any pics? :thumbsup:

K series??? Ha!!!!!

I have a 7M-GTE and I still mock K series drivers about headgaskets :D

Your engine/box problems will be along soon enough.  :lol:  What's wrong with the k series engine?   :huh:  The 4 pot k series is probably one of the best things Rover have engineered in the last 30 years. Lots of other manufacturers used it for 'inspiration'. They did have some issues with the 160 hp version, but that was mostly down to an inadequate cooling system.

My engine problems will start soon will they? your a cheerful chappy arent you <_< (*looks around for the smilie that gives the bird)

The k-series engine is the worst pile of monkey droppings ever. I've never seen an engine that chews up headgaskets faster. Thank god Lotus decided to drop the dead donkey and use the 2zz-ge.

My engine is registering very high compression and runs fine. If there is one thing i pride myself on, its being able to tell a good engine from a bad engine...

Sorry, I hope you don't have any engine problems, especially after everything else so far. But somehow I suspect that you will... :ph34r:

And as for the K series, I think you must be misinformed, it really is one of the best 4 cylinder engines around. It just takes people who really know what they are doing to prepare them. If you have the time this article is a most excellent read:

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/thec...gine/kingk.html

(it's quite technical but it blows away a few myths of the k series, and makes the Honda and Toyota equivalents look poor)

in general the k series is quie honestly pap,

and lee your cars sweet, but you swapped a mk4 supra for it? i mean a mk4 supra :drool:

it'll be definatly worth it once you get it back lee and when its all perfect :D

I just hope it doesnt take too much of your money and time to get it as you want it mate, and yeah you definatly need a car to get you about mate, not meaning to repeat whats been said but you know what I mean :)

Well i hear/see more bad things about the k-series than good. I'd personally never buy a car with one in.

Lee I am still concerned as to why they are putting a new subframe asn lower suspenstion arm on!!!!!!!??????

The car was a cat c write off dude, Millway must have found something wrong with the suspension. Sometimes the accident damage doesnt show through straight away. Even though it happened back in 94 and has been on the road since...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!! :eek:

Called the garage today....and it still isnt ready  :crybaby:

So far had all this done...

New Clutch Master Cylinder

New Clutch Slave Cylinder

New Clutch Hose

New Clutch Hose Thread Adaptor

New Relays for Electric Windows

New Relays for Windscreen Wiper

New fuses (as 99% had gone)

New Indicator Bulbs

New Headlight Bulbs

New Brake Bulbs

New Fog Bulb

New Headlight Motor

New Headlight Connecting Rod

New Front Subframe

New Front Suspension Arm

And they still have an equally long list of parts on back order still :crybaby:

I was going to wait until i got the Lotus back before looking at getting my Ring car but at this rate i doubt i'll have the car back this year :crybaby:

Its been almost 2months now without a car and im starting to go insaine  :ffs:

Should i just cut to the chase and buy my ring car now so i dont suffer yet another month without a car? :(

Yes :rolleyes:

k-series engines only normally eat head gaskets if they are allowed to run low on coolant.... it is made worse as the coolant reservoir is so small... and so you have to keep on top of it.... but other than that so long as you got the steel dowels and not plastic, it should all be fine...

Anyways.. i digress from the thread.... hope you get the lotus sorted soon hon... hopefully will be a fantastic runner when she is done.... but I would get something for now so that you dont have to scare poor Flamby in your van :P lol :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links