Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traction Control ?

b1ackb1rd

Greeting folks :D

Forgive my ignorance, but has traction control ever been an option on the Yaris ?

I have had to remove the tuning box on my D-4D during this cold spell as pulling out of side roads has become impossible ... no matter how gently the loud pedal is squeezed the bl**dy thing just sits there spinning the wheels.

Even with the tuning box removed, pulling away is a balancing act between grunt and traction ... not funny when pulling out of a side road onto an A road.

Has it been offered as an option?

Is it available as a retro-fit?

I know you can get aftermarket ones as quite a few tuning boxes have that option on (aswell as launch control and all them :P) but i dunno if thats much use to you :P As for a toyota official one i doubt it exists as they wouldn't think it would be needed for the power i suppose :wacko: Would a LSD be an extreme solution? :P

the TS Turbo has it, and the Yaris' in cold countrys where snow and ice is common have it

TC is available as an aftermarket addition, and probably the finest is from Racelogic, for RWDs its even adjustable to help you hold the back end out :D

http://www.racelogic.co.uk/

but expect to pay around 600quid although ENVY are also dealers for Racelogic

other alternatives are some aftermarket ECUs can have TC, such as the Link system that Ken uses, as all the TC really does is monitor the wheel speed from the ABS sensors and then cuts the ignition when it senses the wheels slip

HTH

EDIT

earpl just beat me to it on the simple explanation :lol:

Greeting folks  :D

Forgive my ignorance, but has traction control ever been an option on the Yaris ?

I have had to remove the tuning box on my D-4D during this cold spell as pulling out of side roads has become impossible ... no matter how gently the loud pedal is squeezed the bl**dy thing just sits there spinning the wheels.

Even with the tuning box removed, pulling away is a balancing act between grunt and traction ... not funny when pulling out of a side road onto an A road.

Has it been offered as an option?

Is it available as a retro-fit?

You don't still have the standard econo-crap Goodyear tyres, do you? The best thing I've done is buy decent tyres (admittedly only winter ones at the moment...) and that was with the car as standard...

:thumbsup:

Alan

i doubt it exists as they wouldn't think it would be needed for the power i suppose 

Traction Control is available on the Yaris, but not the UK version as standard or an option.

It’s mentioned in the owner’s manual.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links