Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Obese Paitents To Be Refused Operations.

Fidgits

I think it's a great idea .. why bother with people that do it to themselves?

I keep walking in land mine fields, it's a hobby .. why should the NHS keep sewing my legs back on.

If you are making yourself ill (which being over weight/smoker/heavy drinker/land mine field walker you ARE doing) why should I pay?

Ben.

(with a BMI of 18~20)

People who have made themselves obese (over eating/drinking etc), I can understand the NHS refusing and support that. But there are people who are clinically obese through no choice of their own (throid probs etc) so why should they miss out?

I read about one woman who was 48 and had a face lift, tummy tuck, lipo, breast uplift and implants, basically everything possible, because she ended up with saggy skin after having 4 kids! The NHS could have spent the £18k they spent "fixing" her on something useful like buying new equipment, putting it towards curing cancer etc.

Basically the NHS have their priorities all wrong. Cure the people who want to be cured. Why help a smoker with lung cancer who wont stop smoking? Why help a person with liver problems who wont stop drinking? Why help a fat person who wont stop eating cr*p?

No matter what anyone says, you can give up smoking/drinking/overeating etc. You just need willpower, and you'll find the NHS will support you no end if you actually want to change your habits like that......

I can imagine contracts/agreements on fast food or cigarrettes next, like they do with music or games. E.g. by buying a CD you automatically enter a legal agreement not to copy it or profit from it. In the same way, you could have an agreement on !Removed! that you forfiet your right to NHS treatment for the following conditions: "lung cancer", "heart disease" etc. So people still have the freedom to do what they want, but they are also responsible for the consequences.

Have they said anywhere how they actually get the BMI results?

The BMI results from the web don't take into account muscle content.

If I use the web thing up above I come out as 25.5 (just overweight!)

But we have some fancy digital scales at home that send electrical impulses through your body to work out how much fat you have then returns your BMI number. You put in your height and age, it takes your weight and then send some pulses through your feet. When I stand on those I get a result of 17.5

So how are the NHS going to get there results???

Have they said anywhere how they actually get the BMI results?

The BMI results from the web don't take into account muscle content.

If I use the web thing up above I come out as 25.5 (just overweight!)

But we have some fancy digital scales at home that send electrical impulses through your body to work out how much fat you have then returns your BMI number. You put in your height and age, it takes your weight and then send some pulses through your feet. When I stand on those I get a result of 17.5

So how are the NHS going to get there results???

probably based on targets they have to achieve given to them by a Labour goverment that is more interesting in reporting massaged figures and results than acutally treating people for sickness and injury...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links