Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does Anyone Know....

~Rach~

.... how to trace a phone number from an address?

A tracing agency has managed to find my sisters new address (I lost contact with her 7+yrs ago), but they couldnt find a contact number for her.

I've tried the likes of 192.com/BT to trace the number but with no joy, they think she may be ex directory.

Just wondering if anyones got any ideas?

In this case Rach, I think a letter may be more appropriate. Don't rush into it, make a gentle first approach, giving her your details and letting her know you're keen to get in touch.

There are many emotional factors here, so you have to be very sensitive and respectful of the situation. A letter can hold all your thoughts and explanations, whereas a phone call so soon may be like a brick over the head.

Only you can decide what's appropriate. I just don't think a phone call is the right thing at the moment. Don't forget, you've used a tracing agency to find her - allow for the fact that this alone may be a shock to the system.

I agree with Charis

Likewise...

Contents of a phone conversation are ruled by two people... the contents of a letter is one....

A letter can be read and re-read.. a phone conversation cannot

Better to write first :thumbsup: but good luck hon

as everyone has said a letter whould be a better first step, its more gentle it will give here a chance to be prepaired, hope it ends well

I know what shes like though unfortunately. If she sees a letter with a Bath/Bristol postmark on it, it will go in the bin (as she still has issues with my dad).

Looking like I might be doing a day trip to London soon instead....

Would a Leicester postmark baffle her?

Best of luck though - and yes, I agree, a letter would be best, gives you time to tell her how you feel.

If you want me to send it hun, I'd be happy to! :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links