Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Time To Post Your Xmas Tree Pics!

Steve

You'll be waiting a LONG time before you saw me put a tree up.

HAH BUM HUG ..

I really hate xmas ..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve

• Bibbs

• Al J

• ~Rach~

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<miserable git> ;)

You'd get on well with my girlfriend, her only Christmas decorations are a few little ones that I've bought her and I think she only puts them on show when I'm going round to see her. :yes:

Beautiful tree, Steve but it's still November for goodness sake. :rolleyes:

Must admit I'll probably put mine up next weekend if I've bought my new one by then. Not here for Christmas so must make the most of it. :lol:

Oh and by the way... you put your baubles on your tree, not your balls! rofl.gif

<miserable git>   ;)

For the last 2 years I've had no tinsel, no tree, nothing .. Pressies get put in the wardrobe until Xmas day, and then opened.

It's been bliss .. go into town and it's an epileptics nightmare with flashing lights etc. Get home, close the curtains and nothing :)

No rubbish festive songs, no stoopid "making up for the fact I have no personality" novelty hats and ties, no "ho ho ho, give me a quid" beggers .. pure bliss :yes:

I'm with Ben on this...

No decorations last year and I didn't miss them. Doubt I'll put any up this year either. Since age 14 I've hated Christmas and this one will be no exception. Things always seem to happen to me this time of year. :( :(

that is a miserable way to look at life.

This is my first tree and I feel the lounge feels nice and warm and different.

May be Steve, but there's no escaping from the fact that things do happen to me around this time of year, with quite a major event when I was 14... I live for the Summer. Sorry.

For the last 2 years I've had no tinsel, no tree, nothing .. Pressies get put in the wardrobe until Xmas day, and then opened.

yeah - me too - havent had any decs for the last 4 or 5 years...

Since its just me, i fail to see the point :rolleyes: especially this year seeing as i have other plans :ph34r:

yeah - me too - havent had any decs for the last 4 or 5 years...

Since its just me, i fail to see the point :rolleyes: especially this year seeing as i have other plans :ph34r:

I fail to see the point too ..

Celebrating someone, I don't believe in, being born :huh: I really just don't get it. Enjoying the fact that millions of kids are being lied to by their parents.

I'll be having a beer on the 21st though .. Longest night, winter solstice, roll on the next season.

I'm defo thinking of holding Einstein week and Copernicus day at this rate ..

My tree wont be going up til mid December... probably 15th or sommat....

And er... Matt... 12 days -of- xmas... :P not before :P

I have bought some / most of my xmas presents already.. but 100% has been online... and generally when browsing.. as I hate the throngs of people in the shops *shudder*

Our tree this year with be on an 'icy' (blue green white silver) theme... like my xmas pressies :P lol

I am sad... but hey its therapeutic for me... and well... I love xmas... dont generally like New Year's Eve (cause of stuff thats happened) but this year I'm hoping to be celebrating with the best of them :P

[edit]: I dont really believe in birth of ***** either... and anyways I was once told that xmas day is in fact a Pagan thing *shrugs :P

I just like making other people happy... and hey its the right time of year I guess... at least in summer you have warmth and sunshine.... :P

Well Done Steve :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity - Does anyone know exactly why Christmas is on Dec 25th?

And er... Matt... 12 days -of- xmas... :P not before :P

Tree goes up on Xmas day .. and is up for 12 days ..

12 days ..

The "12 days" originated when days began at sunset. They went from sunset on Dec 25th to sunset on Jan. 6th. Because days now start at midnight, in some places the 12 days start on Dec. 25th, in others on Dec. 26th.

I was about to post that gordy, in reply to bens post - its a pagan fesitival...

You need to remember Britian used to be all pagan - and christianity was forced on us (by the Romans IIRC), most people were given a choice, convert or die...

Take Jersey for example - one of the last places in the word to be converted - 90% of the population was slaughtered in the name of christianity... simply because they refused to abandon their beliefs.

But anyway - the 25th of december - originally a pagan festival (as Ben said, i think it was the winter solstice) was changed to a celebration of *****'s birth - even though he was born October (or feb, i forget which) it was a ploy to try and smooth the transistion...

I think the tree portion of Christmas was brought about by Queen Elizabeth, i forget the circumstances though...

I was about to post that gordy, in reply to bens post - its a pagan fesitival

Yeah, it should be on the 21st, but the cristians beat it out of the pagans (built churches on their temples etc) and made the festival at the same time to influence things ..

They recon ***** would have been born in June I heard (They have dates the census the Romans called, and was the reason Joseph was travelling back to his home land to be counted).

I was about to post that gordy, in reply to bens post - its a pagan fesitival

Yeah, it should be on the 21st, but the cristians beat it out of the pagans (built churches on their temples etc) and made the festival at the same time to influence things ..

I thought it was originally they replaced the winter solstice with christmas i.e. the same day - but because they also forced the roman calender on us, that did not track with the pagan calender, hence why they no longer fall on the same day?

I could be wrong though?

Yes i dont know why most us even celebrate xmas, even if we were celebrating the birth of ***** or whatever ..... im an Atheist so i have no legitimate reason for celebrating this time of year, tis nice to give prezzies though - brings bit of happyness i guess :)

Yeah I knew the 25th Dec was not his Birthday but couldn't recall the exact reason we celebrate on that day

go into town and it's an epileptics nightmare with flashing lights etc.

I've got to admit, I love that line. :thumbsup:
that is a miserable way to look at life.

This is my first tree and I feel the lounge feels nice and warm and different.

And nothing wrong with that. You and your missus, enjoy. Still November though! :P
I'm defo thinking of holding Einstein week and Copernicus day at this rate ..

Great! I'll have a bit of that. When do we start preparing? ;)
I thought it was originally they replaced the winter solstice with christmas i.e. the same day - but because they also forced the roman calender on us, that did not track with the pagan calender, hence why they no longer fall on the same day?

I could be wrong though?

No, I think that's dead right. :yes:
Why does the swaear filter remove the word C h r i s t ?  Surely that cant be deemed swearing?  :blink:

It is, if the context dictates it. :yes:

im an Atheist so i have no legitimate reason for celebrating this time of year, tis nice to give prezzies though - brings bit of happyness i guess :)

I guess Im agnostic.... (believe in sommat.. just dunno what) which i guess is a cop out lol

but I have to agree with Teegs... its nice to give prezzies and bring a bit of happiness (and nice to get em too but hey ;) )

Well I see xmas as just an event which brings everyone together once a year. Theres loads of kids in our family, and its an amazing sight to see how happy you can make them by not doing much at all....

Im really excited about xmas purely to see Lucys smiling face when she sees whats waiting for her when she wakes up on the 25th :D

Xmas isnt really for adults, thats why we dont believe in santa all our lives ;)

bibbsy hit the nail on the head about not beleiving.. perhaps you should not celebrate xmas at all mate.. 25th will be like any other day because if you accept gifts then you will be the biggest hippocrit here mate.

I myself spent quite a bit on the tree which means next year will be a cheaper. I intend to use the tree as much as poss.

I myself spent quite a bit on the tree which means next year will be a cheaper. I intend to use the tree as much as poss.

First bloke in your neighbourhood with an Easter tree then Steve ???? :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links