Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Wash Soaking :)

chris23

:ffs: Having a bit of a bad run at the moment, what with women and cars etc....lol

Anyway went through car wash yesterday and got an unepected SOAKING. Used some silicone spray a few weeks ago in all that wet weather we had to stop t bar from leaking so thought id run some along top of where window meets t bar as well. It worked fine untill i took through car wash yesterday. I might as well have had the window open it was that bad :crybaby:

Any ideas? Seems as though the window is now not touching the rubber seal so water just flying through. :help:

Firstly - car wash :( cars hate that its not good for them :(

and im afraid there seems to be no easy solution to the t-bar leaking saga, is it your drivers window thats not touching the seal? :unsure:

Yea i know they dont like car wash but i must admit im a lazy git and i did get the full wors for her. Cost £6. Still dont make it better i know. :(

Yes it is drivers side that is leaking.

It might be that your door has dropped

have a read through this link from imoc - might be some useful info - i was trying to find a post that mentioned adjusting the actual glass height/window mechanism - still looking for it - ill post the link if i find it :yes:

leaking

:thumbsup:

was trying to imagine what the prob is for u t bar guys.... but how he said its like it was coming thru the window and past the seals i kinda wondered....

if by that he meant the rubber trim like on a coupe around the window at the top... is that hollow like on my coupe? and if so ....how about plumping the seal out with summat like silicone sealer by filling the hollow interior? not saying this is a good idea or even anywhere near on the right track but.... jus brainstorming with the rough picture i had.... hope you get t all sorted and get ur women probs resolved amenably for yourself :thumbsup: ppl suck when theyre makin other ppls lives misery :yes: gl man :)

Right... well doing a search on -any- MR2 forum will probably turn you up loads of posts on how to fix leaky T-bars... as its a very normal problem :P You have 3 choices really:

1) Silicon lubricant... regular applications of this can help by rejuvenating the rubber, but you need to do it regularly and let it soak in, and to be honest in my opinon, its more of a preventative than a cure... (I should know... done it ;) )

Price : A can of spray... few ££ is all

2) Eccentric Rod System Linky to page all about it...

This basically tightens the T-bar glass further down, hence supposedly creating a better seal on the car, and less leakage :P (I am trying this next)

Price : No more than about £20 I think

3) New seals from Mr T or other....

Well its the most pricey option, I suppose if the other two dont work, then its the route I shall be going down as I want her perfect (or as near as damnit a 12 year old can be :P) You can either get em from Mr T for around £300.00 or so... and fit em yourself (yeah that extortionate price doesnt include fitting)..... Or.... you -can- get them from the States for around £100.00ish... and also fit em yourself... Tho you may still get stung for tax etc... but prolly still work out cheaper... I dont have the URL to hand atm... but hey think of this as a last resort ;)

Good Luck hon :thumbsup:

Nothing for the mk1 :( never mind thanks anyway :)

*Edit* just been on imoc - got a link for a company in america

t-bar seals

They have the seals on there for mine for £107 plus 20% for shipping, i think thats fantastic - im gonna get some and stop messing about with silicone :rolleyes: Cant really grumble at that price! B) :thumbsup:

They also have them for the mk2 - works out £150 at todays exchange rate - plus 20% for shipping - i still think thats an amazing price

Maybe this link should be put somewhere that peeps can find it easily enough (admin?) - i know how irritating it is to have to search the net :wacko:

Nice one hon.... I think that the place I originally directed you to had mk2 stuff for £103 at the exchange rate a tthe time.... and im sure I saw mk1 stuff on there... under roof > roof > weatherstripping or sommat....

oh well cool :thumbsup:

Cool that site is obviously cheaper tha the second one, think i got too impatient searching lol :D

Still cheap by any uk dealer standards - no fair that its so expensive over here! :(

Ta hon :) but I can take all the credit.... was originally looking for the new seals at work (naughty me) ... and DaleV helped me out with this one... so :thumbsup: to him

I think I'll be getting new seals next year if the rods system doesnt do it for me :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links