Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mot Time Again

boundsw

Well, its that time again..........

and she failed, damned, right by xmas aswell. But atleast nothing majour.

No rear reflectors - Well, i did tint my rear light, so my fault ! - will have to put some stick on reflectors for a week !

o/s top strut mount siezed - Only just started, either the bearing has clappsed in the top mount, or struct needs re-building !

excessive play n/s/r wheel - Hopefully get away with tightening the bearing

n/s/f tyre damaged - One new tyre, may aswell, get the other side on the front as well ! - so two tyres

n/s front wiper not clearing properly - Just got new wipers - cars is filthy, so give em a clean hopefully

No front number plate - Never put it back on after fitted my front bumper ! - will have to put it in window !

all good then really, another 12 months for not much i hope ! :thumbsup:

I wasnt looking forward to my MOT... namely cause it was her first since I got her...

But.. she went in today.... and I was soooooooo lucky... and very proud as she passed with flying colours!

Couple of things to note for next time... but nothing bad :D yay!

She is a good girl... and gonna get a treat soon... prolly a good wash polish and inside tidy... and mebbe a nice little mod lol

No rear reflectors    -    Well, i did tint my rear light, so my fault ! - will have to put some stick on reflectors for a week !

o/s top strut mount siezed    -    Only just started, either the bearing has clappsed in the top mount, or struct needs re-building !

excessive play n/s/r wheel    -    Hopefully get away with tightening the bearing

n/s/f tyre damaged    -    One new tyre, may aswell, get the other side on the front as well ! - so two tyres

n/s front wiper not clearing properly    -      Just got new wipers - cars is filthy, so give em a clean hopefully

No front number plate      -    Never put it back on after fitted my front bumper ! - will have to put it in window !

all good then really, another 12 months for not much i hope !  :thumbsup:

Will it cost a lot to get the strut sorted or is that not a major problem yet? :unsure:

So glad ive got til april to get mine sorted for mot - think it might take me that long to put the number plate back on - it looks so pretty without it :crybaby:

heh glad urs is nice to jayden :thumbsup:

tho its nice to have some months ....i cant wait till mines done and alls ok for another 12 months :unsure: hope im not wishful thinking lol

hope yours is sweet also tegan when you get yours in ....

best of luck to us all :thumbsup: too nice a type of car to ever be broke :yes:

MOT's ?!?!... Argh!.. hate em!!

Mine passed last week suprisingly with flying colours!!

It had no side repeaters and no rear fog lights wired in. The chap also couldn't get it on a ramp because it was so low!!... lol.

Oh well... I got the peice of paper which said it passed!!

yay :thumbsup: :D another gets thru the Motors Orrible Trouble test

still cant wait to see what Mr T do about the light kit they fitted when mine gets MOTd by them :lol:

Mine failed the week before last. Past now tho.

She failed on:

Front brake pads had less than 2mm left

O/S Droplink had excessive play in the ball joint

No rear fog light (odd because the car was imported in '98)

N/S front wheel rim had been curbed badly so had to get it knocked back into place

Split steering rack gaiter.

Cost £270 in total. £70 of that was for a set of Mintex 1144 pads tho (Oh and £42 for the MOT itself).

Looks like i'll be skint till the end of January, what with having to buy xmas pressies as well :yes::yes:

No rear reflectors     -     Well, i did tint my rear light, so my fault ! - will have to put some stick on reflectors for a week !

o/s top strut mount siezed     -     Only just started, either the bearing has clappsed in the top mount, or struct needs re-building !

excessive play n/s/r wheel     -     Hopefully get away with tightening the bearing

n/s/f tyre damaged     -     One new tyre, may aswell, get the other side on the front as well ! - so two tyres

n/s front wiper not clearing properly     -      Just got new wipers - cars is filthy, so give em a clean hopefully

No front number plate      -     Never put it back on after fitted my front bumper ! - will have to put it in window !

all good then really, another 12 months for not much i hope !  :thumbsup:

Will it cost a lot to get the strut sorted or is that not a major problem yet? :unsure:

So glad ive got til april to get mine sorted for mot - think it might take me that long to put the number plate back on - it looks so pretty without it :crybaby:

Well the problem with the strut is the top mount part (that the top of the spring is against) doesnt move, so the spring clicks round.

Only started happening after I fitted new front pads last week, and had the car jacked up on the ***** !

Hopefully its just the bearing moved a bit and a re-build of the strut will repair it (pleanty of grease on the bearing too)

If not, new top mounts...prob TRD adjustables...why not hyey !!

Gonna do all the work tomorrow, so hopefully not too much of a paid, and not too cold !! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links