Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Problems

acstreet

Right first off i have got a subwoofer in my boot with an amp and that was fine so and stereo was loud..

today i changed the back Speakers behind the seats to alpine 1s and drilled holes and got them in etc so i put head unit on and goes to about 5 volume and if i go to turn to it up to 7 the head unit goes off.

what is up with this it just cuts out on me and i was expecting my system louder not weaker.

please help i cant live without a good stereo

cheers

andy

its all good now Battery was flat so it was just dying gave it hour charge n it works so guna keep it on charge now for the rest of the day and should b all good.

sounds like maybe a protection system to me. have you got the new Speakers amped? have you got everything drawing from the live feed to the stereo or seperate feeds direct from Battery? when you say the head unit goes off do you mean it totally switches off or do you mean the sound goes off but the stereo stays lit up? ..... im no expert but.... im thinking this is a power drain issue or summat to do with the speaker ratings. esp if it all comes back on when you lower the volume.... unsure .... gonna have a look in my stereo wiring book when i can get to it later... if i find owt and it sounds helpful ill post it :)

gl in meantime... :thumbsup:

heh glad you got it sorted :thumbsup: damn those flat batteries lol but at least i was heading towards right place with power drain lol :lol:

glad alls cool :thumbsup:

cheers jinxed its all good for now but i hope it stays that way it looked like to be the flat Battery because it satrted to work when i charge it so its all good and i willl keep your infromation in mind as you never no it could be something like that playing about....

cheers

acstreet

glad you got it all fixed acstreet, how are you finding the rear Speakers? Do you notice much difference from not having them? because I just have components in the front and Im wondering whether some rear fill might be worth it as the sound quality is amazing already.

Hi flamby it does make a good difference not to much though ive heard they only give out 20% of volume but i think they sound great.. i think would be worth gettin.

with the rear sound to it would be liek a surround sound so would sound better and louder.

im lookin into the front ones soon as the quality of how the back has changed is brillaint so must be a huge different in the front.

cheers

andy

unless ur running a few(3+) amps or large W amps and using BIG Speakers i wouldnt think itd be drawing so much the Battery wont charge. ....course nows that lovely time of year we switch on wipers, lights, heaters, stereos, rear demisters all at once so :rolleyes: .... drain probs are as bad as they get.

as for rear Speakers and the like... if your rear Speakers are anything like mine or there arent any.... replace them :lol: ... has to sound better :thumbsup:

though a bit of modding is required... maplin are doing some suitable(im so sure i got some for mine) 80w speakers for £4.95 that will go in rear. only thing that i can see needs to be done is making new screw holes as the ones on the speakers dont line up. might be worth a look at the price..... damn cheap even if not the best 80w speakers in world.

gl to us all with our stereos :thumbsup:

Hi flamby it does make a good difference not to much though ive heard they only give out 20% of volume but i think they sound great.. i think would be worth gettin.

with the rear sound to it would be liek a surround  sound so would sound better and louder.

im lookin into the front ones soon as the quality of how the back has changed is brillaint so must be a huge different in the front.

cheers

andy

cheers andy :D I reckon I will get some rear fill in there after christmas :D see what comes up on the audio sites in the sales ;) cheers for your oppinion mate :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links