Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rockingham Stages

Woody27

Hey not many of you know me but i post a bit on the yaris forum. My Dad last year organised the first stage rally ever to be run at rockingham race course. I dunno how many of you have been there (its in Corby by the way) but its a truly fantastic course! I believe it is the biggest Oval circuit in the UK! I just thought i would let you guys know that my dad is, again, hosting the rally at Rockingham this year this weekend!

The rally is 10 stages long over the sat and sun and uses the oval aswell as lots of the inner track, supply roads, motorbike track, tunnels (twin competitive ones :thumbsup: ), Nascar pit area etc. The stadium is huge and from the biggest grandstand you can see 95% of the oval area :D (this will be about 90% of the stage in visibility which makes this a true gift to a spectator of rallying as usually you get one corners worth of the action!)

The Entry List is looking pretty good aswell! I dunno how many of you know much about rallying but the entry contains a few 6R4's, Darrians, Scoobies and a lot of ex works cars :D O and its a 100 cars strong :D

The Entry for a spectator is £5 each per day. I would recommend mainly coming for the saturday as there will be two night stages that look absolutely superb (were last year when you see a turbo cossie running anti lag with 5 foot of flame out the back :D) With a total of 6 of the 10 stages being run on that Saturday!

The website is Rockingham Stages

Any more questions just ask!

Woody

Sorry mate. Taking my Mum Christmas shopping in Chester on Saturday. May cost me just a little more than a fiver. :eek:

Have a great day though. :thumbsup:

Hehe thats cool guys i just suddenly thought yesterday that people on here may be interested so thought i would just put a post in! Doesn't matter if no one turns up as i understand its short notice! was just a mention thats all! Cheers for reading :D

Sounds like a great day out, shame there is no chance I can make it down this weekend though :(

Rockingham really is a fantastic venue that's never really got the attention it deserves, I was there for the champ car race and it was brilliant (even though we spent most of the day wondering if the cars would ever get out as they tried to dry the track with jet engines on the back of pickups). If you've never been to a speedway it's hard to imagine just how much you can see.

Hope it's a success as it sounds like a great combination.

Cheers, yeah sorry i didnt post up any earlier it just never crossed my mind! was just an idea! anyone that wants to come can still of course as its a pay when your there jobby so thats fine!

Maybe next year i will post a bit earlier :P

The Entry for a spectator is £5 each per day. I would recommend mainly coming for the saturday as there will be two night stages that look absolutely superb (were last year when you see a turbo cossie running anti lag with 5 foot of flame out the back :D) With a total of 6 of the 10 stages being run on that Saturday!

The website is Rockingham Stages

Any more questions just ask!

Woody

Sounds interesting. Do you know if spectators will have access to the service area (I looked on the website, but it wasn't clear). Also, the website says that there are 4 rounds on Saturday and 6 on Sunday, i.e. the opposite of your info.

Woops my mistake on stages per day! cheers for that! i would reccommend saturday for the night stage but yeah sunday has got more stages! The spectators cant access the service area as far as im aware (due to the fact of insurance and that they expect around 1000 spectators!) But you can see it (if its in the same place as last yeah as i imagine it would be!)

Just thought i would give it the Final BUMP before tomorrow! If anyone wants to come along for either day at any time just show up (on sat the first car should start at 1 so not even an early start!) But yeah will remind you earlier next year!

Have you gone to the stadium at all? i really would recommend going some time if you haven't been before as it really is an amazing site! The guy who just bought it is thinking that in 2 years time he may turf over the oval circuit to make the whole site into a horse racing oval :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links