Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacement Keys-how Much?

achown

Lots...not sure about the price...but you could also be looking at new ignition lock.

Not just a key to replace but a Transponder in the key to replace and match to the car...think it's been said before that without the code ( which people keep with the key!) then got to change the ignition too.

Could be wrong though...

Vipes

Edit some info here clicky...

Edit two..

Ah..you said spare key..if you still have the Master key..belive they can cut and code a new key from that..no number required...

sorry i just have to say this:

im from israel, so i cant help u with those keys and prices..

but hey.. an extra CROWBAR will work too :)

toyotawont do it without a full set of 3 keys and a new ECU, they quoted me around £1200, i bourght a metal detector.

Why would they need 3 keys?

Security reasons im guessing... can't have random car keys flying all over the place!

Security reasons im guessing... can't have random car keys flying all over the place!

But how would you ever replace a lost key-you only get the 3 to start with?

one key, one spare + masterkey, oh and if you have 3 keys, the idea is you loos one, and get another one from toyota and program it to the car (about £100) but you need an original key to code the blank one.

• 2 weeks later...
I seem to have lost both my spare key and the key number. Any idea how much a duplicate is from Mr T?

Alan

The keys cost about £190 for a new spare and a sub key. With programming the cost is £238!! Apparently its £1200 if you lose the last master!

I ordered the keys and the wife found the lost ones a few days later under the car seat. Looks like the kids will have a dissapointing christmas!

Alan

Ooh I only got two keys with my Yaris - one black and one grey and I was told it's best to use the grey one and keep the black one safe.

they can be programmed manually, its on here somewhere, something silly like a sequence of opening closing door + turning key :s glad its ok now :)

found this posted by vmail

System operation

If vehicle unlocked and doors or boot/tailgate not opened within 30 seconds, locks/alarm are reactivated.

Programming

When

Key added or replaced.

System malfunction.

How

Driver’s door open and key removed from ignition switch.

Insert key into ignition switch, then remove it.

Within 40 seconds: Close and open drivers door twice.

Insert key into ignition switch, then remove it.

Within 40 seconds: Close and open drivers door twice.

Close drivers door.

Insert key into ignition switch.

Switch ignition ON and OFF once to program a new key code whilst retaining the original codes or twice to program new key code whilst erasing the original codes.

Remove key.

System should now lock and unlock vehicle, once or twice depending which mode has been selected.

Carry out the following button procedure within 20 seconds:

Yaris built in Japan and Yaris Verso: Simultaneously press and hold key lock and unlock buttons for 1-1.5 seconds.

Yaris built in France: Press key lock button for a minimum of 1 second and release.

Within 3 seconds:

Press key lock button for a minimum of 1 second and release.

System should now lock and unlock vehicle.

NOTE: If system locks and unlocks vehicle twice, programming procedure has not been completed. Repeat button procedure.

If required repeat button procedure to program remaining keys.

NOTE: To exit programming mode: Open driver’s door.

replacement virgin keys can be obtained for around 40 quid, check your local yellow pages. then use the procedure above

T2 keys are about £30 inc Vat + about £30 coding.

All others with buttons for unlocking the vehicle on the key are about £60 +vat and about £30 coding, aslong as you've got one original black master key.

If you've lost all keys your looking at least a new alarm ECU or even engine ECU and 2 sets of keys, which is easily the wrong side of £500.

• 18 years later...

Hi does anyone know the chip type for a replacement yaris verso (funcargo) key is? Is it 4D67?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links